Honest Loose Skin Thoughts & Pics

Replies

• You lost me at your "GTFO". I don't think the way to help people come around into some compassionate way of thinking to tell them to "GTFO". Anyway, as long as you feel good in your body, and you have met the goals you set that is what is important. Congratulations on your success.
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    edited September 2016
    Thank you for Sharing Pictures. I am same height as you with a top weight of 330lb. When I was 28 I went from 300lb down to 180lb in 9 months. Only exercise I did was walking and swimming. I had some looseness in thighs, upper arms and lower abdomen but it was fairly minor. Mostly I did shrink back well. I think that was because I was young and although my skin had been stretched it had not stayed stretched to that extent very long. I have always been very big but grew slowly up to 300lb and immediately headed down to 180lb. Stuff happened in my life and I made my way up back up to 330lb at rapid speed and have mostly hovered not far from that for 4 years now. I am now 35 and do not think my skin will shrink back as well this time but I would rather live with loose skin than be the way I am now. I am covered in scars also. Loose skin is another scar that shows you survived a major life battle. Well done you :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Thank you for your honesty and openness. What an inspiring story you have to share. You rock!
  • linesmfp
    linesmfp Posts: 9 Member
    This is amazing, thank you so much for sharing. Reading this geninely brightened my day a little. I admire your attitude.
  • Thank you for Sharing Pictures. I am same height as you with a top weight of 330lb. When I was 28 I went from 300lb down to 180lb in 9 months. Only exercise I did was walking and swimming. I had some looseness in thighs, upper arms and lower abdomen but it was fairly minor. Mostly I did shrink back well. I think that was because I was young and although my skin had been stretched it had not stayed stretched to that extent very long. I have always been very big but grew slowly up to 300lb and immediately headed down to 180lb. Stuff happened in my life and I made my way up back up to 330lb at rapid speed and have mostly hovered not far from that for 4 years now. I am now 35 and do not think my skin will shrink back as well this time but I would rather live with loose skin than be the way I am now. I am covered in scars also. Loose skin is another scar that shows you survived a major life battle. Well done you :)

I had a similar experience loosing weight at 19. I started a bit under 300 and got to 200 and just had a tummy pooch. I knew it wouldn't work out that way this time, and I wasn't happy about it, but it is what it is! I feel better about it now than I did before it started showing up, actually. I don't love it, but I am happy to have the weight off.
  • @afatpersonwholikesfood this post almost made me cry because I can identify soooo much! From the hanging skin (despite not having children), to the scars, to being overweight my entire life, and now approaching 30 and finally starting to accept all these things about my body. I don't even know what to say. Thank you so much for posting.

Comments like yours on this thread have really meant a lot to me. I'm glad that other people like me were able to get something out of this; it makes me feel really good. Beautiful profile pic, btw!
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Bravo! I'm 52 and have lost 110 pounds and know well how loose skin works. I liken it to being an old sad deflated balloon. Remember how those looked? Soft. Saggy and oddly wrinkled. But I remind myself that it was ALL there before I lost weight. Just filled with the fat that made me sick and exhausted. NO ONE likes it. But I can hide it quite well when I need to. Weight loss is worth it. Even this.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    @afatpersonwholikesfood this post almost made me cry because I can identify soooo much! From the hanging skin (despite not having children), to the scars, to being overweight my entire life, and now approaching 30 and finally starting to accept all these things about my body. I don't even know what to say. Thank you so much for posting.

Same. Same same same. Cutting scars included.

Thank you so much for this thread, OP. Loose skin is an issue not discussed enough. I truly believe that if I had known more about the realities of loose skin (especially the inevitability of it once you reach a certain point) I might never have ended up weighing what I did. I, like many others, thought it was something that only happened to people who lost weight too quickly and that it would more often than not "snap back". I think you look incredible though, for having lost so much!

I will most likely be getting surgery when I reach my goal weight. I'm in my late 20s, single, and a little vain I have to admit. I've already started saving for it. I have no idea how bad my loose skin will be, but I am already seeing it after losing 80 lbs (60 left to go). My breasts have never been a good shape (I attribute that to being obese during my developing years), my arms are pretty bad despite strength training, and my stomach is starting to get that deflated look. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

Thanks again for your honesty.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i LOOOOOOVE your sense of humor. Loose skin is an issue and concern with me - its just starting so ... feeling your pain and have more pain to go.

but yup ... WORTH IT!
  • ClareGxxx
    ClareGxxx Posts: 18 Member
    I am utterly impressed. Top job. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ur post and the replies.
  • actuallyamermaid
    actuallyamermaid Posts: 33 Member
    You're inspiring and so brave. My skin bothers me too. Way to find some light-heartedness in it. xoxo
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    You are so brave to share your story, and helps keep perspective that everything doesn't just magically change by being thin. I think you are beautiful.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    The swirly Pizza dough pic is made fave! Sincerely, though, thanks for posting this, for your bravery and honesty. It's inspiring.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    You have a beautiful body! Great job on the loss!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    The tummy skin swirl action is actually kind of a cool trick!