Honest Loose Skin Thoughts & Pics

Options

Replies

• JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've lost 4 stone and would like to lose 4 more but the excess skin thing is bothering me. It's no so bad now but obviously it will
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. My highest weight was *only* 245, but I feel you on all of these subjects, loose skin is a real thing that people should know about. Your pictures are perfect, and you're so brave for showing them. I struggle to accept my loose skin, even though I have a supportive boyfriend who constantly says I'm gorgeous. I just hate that, at 25 years old, I have the skin of a 60+ year old. Surgery is so expensive, but worth it for some people.

Also kudos for talking about your scars. I feel the same about mine, I barely notice they're there, but other people are freaked out by them.
  • sisxena
    sisxena Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I call my loose skin my battle scars, I have 3 children and even though I was morbidly obese, I still got very huge baby bellies. I am 5'3" and have lost only 66 pounds so far. but the loose skin struggle is real.

I thank you so very much for this post. I honestly would not have the courage to post pics like these. But for your bravery I thank God. You are awesome, you look beautiful and deserve to feel beautiful too.

Keep up the awesome job!!

:heart:
  • kingswaychi
    kingswaychi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great post, so inspiring and brave :smile:
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You're a super courageous person and a big inspiration. I'm happy for you that you took your life back.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    You *kitten* rock!!!!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My arms are very similar to yours. It gets a little annoying shoving them into long sleeves, but it is so much better than when they were "filled".

Congratulations on your loss!
  • taisaminto
    taisaminto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I admire you for your post. It looks like you've been on a journey. Thank you for being encouraging and inspiring.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @afatpersonwholikesfood Thank you so very much for sharing your story! It made my teary-eyed at work. Congrats on your weight loss. Definitely inspiring!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    All I see in those pictures is your success. Congratulations, well done!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you for your honesty. Congratulations on your loss by the way that is simply amazing and inspiring. I really appreciate you telling it like it is. For some of us who have lost large amounts it is unlikely we will magically have tight abs etc. But still better now than it was right?
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    See I'm terrified of getting loose skin!
  • Anna_137
    Anna_137 Posts: 167 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Muana1005 wrote: »
    debrag12 wrote: »
    See I'm terrified of getting loose skin!

It does tighten. My belly used to be just like OPs and now I have a taut flat stomach. Ditto with arms. Just takes a while.

How long did it take? I would consider skin removal surgery after i get to my goal weight, but I would probably wait a year or 2 to see how much tighten on it's own.

Edit: sorry I just saw your post above that you've been maintaining for 7 years!
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    LOVED this post!! I admire your bravery! The pizza dough part was my favorite :heart: !! Thank you for posting about something different/ realities of weight loss and skin because not a lot of people went into depth and detail! :smile:
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You have some muscle there girl! I'm impressed by the pecs, you look great.