Healthy work snacks

I'm trying to come up with low calorie, filling snacks to munch on at work. I need something that doesn't require refrigeration as I can only get to a fridge on breaks and cold stuff doesn't seem to stay that cold between breaks. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks

Replies

• MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    How low in calories?
  • jennifervfoster
    jennifervfoster Posts: 21 Member
    I'm a big fan of the laughing cow light cheese wedges with celery sticks or cucumber. Granted, you'll need to eat it in the morningish if you want it to stay cold, but I love these!
  • ashleyfovargue
    ashleyfovargue Posts: 21 Member
    Beef Jerky.
  • jdstarz
    jdstarz Posts: 6 Member
    one portion of nuts or dried fruit and nuts
    apple with peanut butter
    carrot sticks/celery
    raisins
    rice cake (when ready to eat you could add low fat cream cheese or peanut butter or jam)
    air-popped popcorn with cajun spices or sweetener or low cal seasoning
    I really like the nakd fruit bars or nibble packs they're about 140 cals the bars a bit too sweet for me. The salted caramel nibble are divine :)

Make sure that you have the right sized portion, measure things out the night before ready to grab before work.
  • ashleyfovargue
    ashleyfovargue Posts: 21 Member
    +1 for the salted caramel Nakd nibbles mentioned above as well. I think they are expensive for what you get but they are very nice. Gluten free as well if that is an issue.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    I like the reduced fat wheat thins. 130 calories for a decent size serving. Something salty and crunchy with a little bit of fiber.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    For me it is fruit!
  • sweetjend78
    sweetjend78 Posts: 14 Member
    I pack an insulated bag with an ice pack and snacks/lunch for the day:
    - veggies and hummus
    - hard boiled egg
    - Wheat crackers or rice crackers with PB
    - Apple slices
    - Lara bars
    - turkey slices
    - Beef or turkey jerky
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    I second Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I eat 2 at a time with carrot sticks.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I pack an insulated bag with an ice pack and snacks/lunch for the day:
    - veggies and hummus
    - hard boiled egg
    - Wheat crackers or rice crackers with PB
    - Apple slices
    - Lara bars
    - turkey slices
    - Beef or turkey jerky

Me too. Adding Greek yogurt, grapes,, babybel light, tuna and smoked salmon to the list.
  • winterskye71
    winterskye71 Posts: 10 Member
    Awesome...thanks for all the great ideas
  • RNinPitts
    RNinPitts Posts: 19 Member
    Pretzel chips are a salty snack...
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Mini protein bars, mixed nuts, peanut butter on crackers, anything on crackers, hummus single portions with pita, salsa with pita
  • sara_b0702
    sara_b0702 Posts: 21 Member
    Rice cakes with a little bit of peanut or almond butter (you can buy the little pre-portioned packs of Justin's Nut Butter - I think they're like 180-210 calories a pack depending on variety)

Skinny Pop Popcorn - 3 3/4 cups for ~140 calories (Costco and Sam's sell the big bags but you can find pre-portioned packs elsewhere, I think)

Watermelon, if you don't mind it warm since you said you don't have access to refrigeration

Homemade mini muffins so you can control the ingredients and therefore the macros.

Mini Lara bars - they're between 100-110 calories a bar and seriously, even though they're mini, they are really satisfying because they taste like the real thing. My favorite mini bar is the peanut butter cookie or peanut butter chocolate chip.