Replies

• svrover
    svrover Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I lost my wife

= \
  • StillMrsUptonOgood
    Options
    Even though my husband has said some really dumb *kitten* over the years, he's been really supportive of my journey. And now he is trying to quit smoking and is being more attentive :)
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Can't relate. My partner is supportive and loving.
  • IslaTiempo
    IslaTiempo Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Not really. At the end of the day I do it for myself. The only one that ends up changing is always me and my attitude at times.

Best advice, Ask your partner and see why is he acting the way he is acting and how could it change... Maybe it's something you are doing.. You never know!
  • rps67
    rps67 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Nope. I'm pretty sure losing weight isn't the reason my marriage is going downhill.

We need a club.

My spouse invariably will buy cookies/candies, etc. if I say I want to lose any weight/eat better/cut out sugar (my major weakness). I don't think he realizes he does it, either.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My husband whines about my lack of a belly - he always loved the big round pregnancy belly and it never bothered him that I kept a poochy belly after the kids...truly, I think he just is attracted to that fertility goddess type look...but he doesn't try to sabotage me, he knows my body is mine to control, and the sex is still the same frequency, so clearly he still finds me attractive enough.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    grannynot wrote: »
    Or there's resentment of the time spent getting fit (assuming the spouse/SO is not participating)??

Beth doesn't love the hour I spend with the weights every other day. But she loves the results.
  • tzjkeharding
    tzjkeharding Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since I have lost loads of weight and got mor independent my husband has become very jealous even worse when I passed my driving test. I am one I dependant lady and it's staying that way we don't talk much now and he has never been in the car with me driving x
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have some friends whose wives give them crap for losing weight...little jabs and comment that are negative and completely unnecessary. My one friend's wife will accuse him of losing weight for other women. Pathetic and insecure. The other...his wife complains that there's nothing good to eat anymore because he's trying to eat better. And she's too lazy to cook herself so the husband ends up cooking her fatty foods and eventually gives in and fails at losing weight...but then gets called fat f**k in arguments. But from the stories I've heard from my buds..losing the weight is hardly the issue in their marriage..its only an addition to the baloney.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Seems like spouses that do things like OP's have some insecurities going on. It could be insecurities about themselves or insecurities that a spouse could have created. Sounds like it would be a good time to sit down and have a long hard talk about what's bothering both of you. If you can't communicate with each other on the things that bother you, then you're marriage problems go a lot deeper than weight loss.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    FatMomma89 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that your spouse hates that you are losing weight? It seems like our marriage is going downhill since I started losing weight.

My husband loves me unconditionally. It's the reason we got married. What I do regarding my "looks" doesn't matter to him.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Nope. He loves it :)
  • Runningman_78
    Runningman_78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It says more about his insecurities. He thinks you losing weight means you'll suddenly be looking for someone better or that he needs to lose weight too. Do what makes you feel good, you cant control how he feels. I had this in my first marriage, she felt I would leave her because I was getting fitter.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Nope. We were thin, fat, and now fit. We learned a long time ago that we were in this life thing together, and it's best to talk to each other about any issues rather than asking everyone else. We're strange that way I know . . .
  • knr87
    knr87 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Mine said he was attracted to larger women. I wasn't healthy and needed a change. We had different views and it split us apart.
  • Zealand4530
    Zealand4530 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like being a fatty
  • jonnucke
    jonnucke Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    yes, wife doesnt want to do anything thats not TV related. when i do she "misses" me and wont stop texting while im riding a bike or walking. it Gets super annoying.
  • KrazyLeeLee
    KrazyLeeLee Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Mine likes to jump in at about 75% of my effort lol. She supports me and likes watching my arms and pecs grow.