Post partem motivation

Options
I am almost 6days post partem after a c section and tubal. Starting my weight loss journey while breastfeeding full time. Prebaby weight was 170, sitting at 197 as of yesterday morning.

What are your suggestions for starting some light physical activity and getting eating habits back on track? Do you know of any good breastfeeding meal plans that aide in weight loss??

Replies

• ctrsara
    ctrsara Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With a c-section it takes a little longer to be ready for physical activity (I had one last time), but some gentle walking as soon as you feel up to it is probably your best bet, as long as your incision continues to heal well. Concentrating on nutritious food (vs empty calories) is best, and you don't want to limit calories if you can in the first 8 weeks to make sure that your milk supply gets well-established. That being said, if you concentrate on filling whole foods, you should be able to do both. :) Steel cut oats are great for milk, as are dark leafy greens. Both are fillings and have lots of nutrients. I personally am going to keep track of my carbs/protein/fat ratio because it's easy for me to eat too many carbs/fat and not enough protein. But you can't go totally low carb because you need carbs to have a good milk supply. It's hard to keep the right balance, but you can do it! For now, concentrate on healthy foods and on resting and recovering!
  • giuliacarpenter
    giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love the support and wonder about meal planning as well. I'm 9.5 weeks post baby (our third). I have all healed up (c section as well) and wanting to get back on loosing weight.

Post baby buddies :)
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm 16 weeks post partum and looking for support as well. This is my third baby and it's hard to eat right when I'm having to fix meals for a 9 and 5 year old!!!!
  • giuliacarpenter
    giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ecmont032 wrote: »
    i'm 16 weeks post partum and looking for support as well. This is my third baby and it's hard to eat right when I'm having to fix meals for a 9 and 5 year old!!!!

I'm in the same boat with my boys. 7 and 5 year old plus ebf 9.5 week old
  • ecmont032
    Options
    ecmont032 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat with my boys. 7 and 5 year old plus ebf 9.5 week old

I used this app and lost about 70 lbs before and I'm hoping I can do it again, but this time around I'm still trying to get in a good routine AND I have a more demanding job. Last time I was on this weight loss journey I had a simple customer service job so I never had to bring work home with me. Nowadays, I'm checking emails on my phone on the weekends. But I HATE being fat so I know I HAVE to do this. I also feel like I eat the same meals all the time. I mean they're low calorie but I could use a little variation!! LOL
  • ecmont032
    Options
    I am almost 6days post partem after a c section and tubal. Starting my weight loss journey while breastfeeding full time. Prebaby weight was 170, sitting at 197 as of yesterday morning.

What are your suggestions for starting some light physical activity and getting eating habits back on track? Do you know of any good breastfeeding meal plans that aide in weight loss??

I don't think I read your post...I just saw post partum and hopped aboard. I had a 3 c sections. This last one was horrible. Anyway....my doctor told me at 4 weeks that I could do light aerobics and walking but nothing strenuous. I would say if your feeling up to it (but a week after a c section I know you're not up to it) you should do some walking. Walking is good for you...they make you do it in the hospital after the c section.