200 calorie mid afternoon snacks

Options
Hey! So it's 3:45. I ate lunch around 12. And now I'm starving. What do you guys eat mid afternoon that's filling, and low cal?! Open to any ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• archermfp87
    archermfp87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found a brand called Perkier the other day. I like their quinoa bars a lot. I've had their cashew, chia & pumpkin seed bar and their cacao & cashew bar. I think they're about 150 calories each.

Also, Eat Real hummus chips and quinoa chips. I think they're between 170-210 calories per pack.

250g fat free Greek yogurt is something like 150 calories. I add Truvia and vanilla extract to it, because I can't find seem to find decent thick fat free flavoured yogurt here.

There's a couple of flavours of New Covent Garden soup that are less than 200 cal for a 600g/700g carton. I think it's the tomato & basil and carrot & butternut squash ones.

I'd still rather have 3-4 Oreos instead though.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I've been eating greek yogurt, Chobani Flips, a lot lately. They're in the 200 calorie range, with lots of good flavor options.
    Either that or a nice big bunch of cotton candy grapes. I can't keep them in the fridge.. .a bag is gone in a week or less.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Protein bar typically. A) I'm lazy so having a bar is easy B ) its filling for the calories

The Kirkland brand (costco) protein bars are about 190 calories and settle me up in the afternoons. Cost about a buck too I think.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    An apple with some hummus, tuna and crackers or Greek yogurt with blueberries. Whichever sounds best at the time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    A quest bar and a cup of coffee.
  • spinderellaj
    spinderellaj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I dunno man. I had a few pistachios and a full fat Greek yogurt and I was starving so I ate the rest of the bag of pistachios. That alone was 320 calories. Maybe I just need a more substantial afternoon snack and a lighter dinner. Anyone have any experience with this? Like maybe I need a light sandwich, or a wrap, or soup...now I feel like I can wait Til 7:30-8 to have dinner. Thoughts?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I dunno man. I had a few pistachios and a full fat Greek yogurt and I was starving so I ate the rest of the bag of pistachios. That alone was 320 calories. Maybe I just need a more substantial afternoon snack and a lighter dinner. Anyone have any experience with this? Like maybe I need a light sandwich, or a wrap, or soup...now I feel like I can wait Til 7:30-8 to have dinner. Thoughts?

What did you have for lunch?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Well how much are you eating total? No small afternoon snack is going to satiate you if you are in a giant deficit like if you are eating 1300 calories or something.
  • LyssaRonnell
    LyssaRonnell Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I try to drink a lot of water and eat an apple, if I'm still hungry I will eat veggies. Don't revert to empty calories because you will continue to be hungry.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    -5 pieces of Dove Dark Chocolate:210 calories(10 extra calories, so 4 of these may be better)
    -1/4 cup of cranraisins: 140 calories
    -skinnypop popcorn: 100 calories
    - synder pretzels 100 calorie bag: 100 calories

These are a few of my favorites. :)
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Kind bar! Dark chocolate mocha!! Yum! 200kcal
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    mengqiz86 wrote: »
    Kind bar! Dark chocolate mocha!! Yum! 200kcal

Love Kind bars! Dark chocolate sea salt and maple pecan are my current favorites. I hear there is a pumpkin one out now.

Also Powerful Yogurt (21 g of protein), love the Key Lime flavor, haven't tried the drinks yet but here some of those are good.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Skinny girl popcorn (popped already in bag), diet soda, Watermelon
  • spinderellaj
    spinderellaj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks everybody! I'm not sure I will be able to get by on just a fruit or a bar...I'm thinking I might try a soup with some chicken and rice, or an English muffin with ham and cheese. Keep you posted and wish me luck!!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    2-3 Wasa crackers (aka Ryvita) with light cream cheese or avocado slices
    100 cals almonds + 100 cals dates
    2 squares dark chocolate (125 cals) plus a piece of fruit
    hummus with veggies (carrots, cucumbers, whatever you like)
    cottage cheese with tomatoes and either black pepper or basil
    1 oz full fat cheese + 4 Triscuits
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,879 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    4 yoplait source 0% yogurts ~380g and
    27g of all bran buds

407g of food; 201Cal
    40g carb, 1g fat, 18g protein, 354mg sodium, 11g fiber
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    My favourite go-to snack is a mini-bag of popcorn. The one I eat is 100kcal per bag, and it's a nice sized bag. Lots of munching for 100kcal.
  • archermfp87
    archermfp87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you want something a bit more substantial, a wholewheat 100cal sandwich with your choice of filling would work. You can buy large (like 300-400g) pre packaged undressed salads as well, or just make your own and take it with you, then add either balsamic vinegar or some other low cal dressing if you want it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Zucchini and eggs does the trick for me. Shred a zucchini and squeeze out the water, mix 3 whites and 1 yolk, mix eggs and zucchini and fry in a bit of oil in a nonstick pan, don't forget the salt and pepper. Wrap in one of these thin small sandwich wraps and you're done for ~200 calories.

• kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Some turkey or ham roll ups (with a slice of cheese or cream cheese).