Milk ? Wight loss!! :0

Options
Guyssss since I was 1 years old till now 22 am drinking a full cup of full fat milk each morning! With kaak and cookies and cakes am addicted to this. IS this the reason am not losing? Another quest is should hit all my calorie goal set to me by MFP??? What if I left like 200 cals spare? Thank y'all ;)

Replies

• muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No, the reason you are not losing is what you said in the other thread.
    Am.really bad on counting :neutral: it is tiring i have to weigh each parcel as we eat mediterranean homemade food :(

Loll am confused really of the reason lollll
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You need to weigh all your food on a food scale and log it in MFP, to be sure you are eating the correct amount of calories.
    Look, all of this is educated guessing. Without accurate calorie counting, it's not even educated.

Weigh your food. Suck it up and do it. Eat to the calorie amount MFP tells you, not some random number under. Commit to doing this for at least six weeks. Then assess. If you have not lost weight, cut 100 calories from that total and repeat.
    Look, all of this is educated guessing. Without accurate calorie counting, it's not even educated.

Weigh your food. Suck it up and do it. Eat to the calorie amount MFP tells you, not some random number under. Commit to doing this for at least six weeks. Then assess. If you have not lost weight, cut 100 calories from that total and repeat.

Thank you guys ... though weighing is hard as it is homemade not canned things :3
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    You can eat what you like, just as long as your log and weigh it correctly and they fit into your calories.
    You need to weigh all your food on a food scale and log it in MFP, to be sure you are eating the correct amount of calories.

Thank you guys ... though weighing is hard as it is homemade not canned things :3

So...you use the recipe builder on this site/app. We all do this. Many of us mostly eat home cooked meals. If someone else made it, ask for the recipe to add to your recipe builder. Weigh all the ingredients of the recipe builder or get the cook to write down the recipe items amounts on a piece of paper.

Why so many excuses? Do you think we only eat canned food? You just have to do it. You may not like it, but some of us don't like to weigh our food. We weigh food because being accurate helps us to lose weight.

And you keep asking about sticking to your calorie goal or cutting 200 from it.
    Start weighing and logging ALL that you eat EVERY DAY for at least 6-8 WEEKS before you cut any calories. If there hasn't been any weight loss in that time (you have to be accurate all the time), then maybe cut your calories by 100 and stay there for 6-8 weeks..

Thanks! I havent heared of recipe builder though
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The most efficient way to reduce the number of wights is with obsidian, historically known as dragonstone.

Fire will also work, though it takes longer and may be more dangerous if used against large numbers of fast-moving, hearty wights.

Your best bet is to ensure that you have a large well-trained army with plenty of weapons crafted from dragonstone.

Awesome.

To OP, weigh the food. Weighing homemade stuff isn't hard, it's easy to do as part of the cooking process -- that's what I do.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    The most efficient way to reduce the number of wights is with obsidian, historically known as dragonstone.

Fire will also work, though it takes longer and may be more dangerous if used against large numbers of fast-moving, hearty wights.

Your best bet is to ensure that you have a large well-trained army with plenty of weapons crafted from dragonstone.

Awesome.

To OP, weigh the food. Weighing homemade stuff isn't hard, it's easy to do as part of the cooking process -- that's what I do.

Thank you dear :))))
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A lot of my food is home made. Sometimes I count every ingredient and sometimes I find a listing in the database that I know is close. Pasta can be measured, olive oil can be measured, vegetables can be measured, bread, fish, meat, cheese, etc. can all be measured. Measuring and logging works.

ETA: by "measure" I mean whatever method of measuring works for you. Weighing is more accurate, but anything is better than nothing.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    wrharvill wrote: »

I had to wiki what a wight is after this post... you've made my day madame.

Lol sorry I forget the 'e' am not a native speaker ^^
  • wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    English is my native language and I make mistakes all the time, no worries at all. I was actually responding to Alyssa_Is-LosingIt's response, it gave me a chuckle :smile: Kudos to those who speak multiple languages, I offer only the highest level of respect to you for that!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

You don't HAVE to weigh food to lose weight. All you need is to eat less than you burn. But if you are having trouble not eating too much without weighing and logging it might be a good idea to do it for a while at least. Once you get a better idea of portions and calories you may be able to stop.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Guyssss since I was 1 years old till now 22 am drinking a full cup of full fat milk each morning! With kaak and cookies and cakes am addicted to this. IS this the reason am not losing? Another quest is should hit all my calorie goal set to me by MFP??? What if I left like 200 cals spare? Thank y'all ;)

No, the reason you are not losing weight is because you are eating too much overall. You can still have your milk and cake and still lose weight. I would say kaak too, but I have no idea what that is.

Be sure to measure your milk because it's a liquid and weigh your slice of cake in grams. Log everything you eat.