How many calories do you leave a day for drinks?

Options
1235»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I have one cappuccino for breakfast. No *kitten* soda

Just curious why the curse word adjective about soda?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Maybe it really is kitten soda?
    ddc6a6c42234a4d449c66fdc07e35f1f.jpg
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    About 50 cals worth. Usually just 100ml of semi skimmed milk across three cups of tea or coffee. The rest of my drinks are either water (during the day) and with dinner I will have either a coke zero or sugar free squash.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Maybe it really is kitten soda?
    ddc6a6c42234a4d449c66fdc07e35f1f.jpg
    Hah!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I do limit my diet coke to one a day....not because of the whole cancer causing sweeteners theory.....but because I already have thin tooth enamel and too much citric acid isn't good for my teeth. I also have to be careful with things like tomatoes and fruits.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Between 0-25 most days. On Fridays, I have usually between 165-500 cals in alcohol.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    None, unless you count protein shakes. I do put a splash of half and half in my coffee, but don't count it.
  • theresakruse48
    theresakruse48 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Zip, zilch, zero ,nada! I log my protein shakes as a meal or snack...those full me up as a meal replacement...otherwise why were precious calories on liquid imho
  • SarahG6717
    SarahG6717 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    40 calories worth of half and half or milk, 30 calories for sugar. That's it. Often I try to only go with 15 calories from almond milk and my flavor drops to cut out sugar calories.

I was going to use a milk alternative but it cost four as much and the container said it had to be used up in 3 days. Yikes!

What milk alternative?

When I first started this process I was using as much half and half as I wanted and 3 packets of sugar in a coffee. I just made the decision to cut it down to two packs, and measure two tablespoons of half and half. The first week sucked, but now I take my coffee this way and it feels like a sweet treat to me. I'll actually have a coffee with sugar if I am craving something sweet because it's an 70-80 calorie hit rather than 300 calories from candy.

I use coconut milk--unsweetened. It's rich tasting but few calories and lots of calcium.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I don't "leave" any calories for drinks because I drink my milk with breakfast. For me, milk is the one drink that I consider to be food because it actually helps fill me up (likely because of the protein) and is an easy way to get protein into breakfast.
  • eluvscats
    eluvscats Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use about 100 calories for my hazelnut creamer in my morning coffee. :)
  • Moonlitriver17
    Moonlitriver17 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Zero. I drink water only.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    IDK. I know I am gonna have to leave room for coffee because I self-medicate my ADHD with the caffeine.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like my milk. One cup a day, unless I have cereal.