At 43 it's time to get back in shape

Options
Hi
I'm 43 years old live in Johanneaburg South Africa, I'm a recovering alcoholic been sober 10 months, I have decided that after years of abuse it's time to get back in shape, I have also recently quit smoking so want to keep the weight off
Thanks
Take care

Replies

• Magicissomethingyoumake
    Options
    join quintet :)
    Options
    QUITNET . There are lots of people to support you on your quit smoking there ... you will not feel lonely in your quit
    Options
    it has an app for the phone or iPad and a webpage
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Congrats on kicking two addictive body destroying habits. Make fitness your next vice. It pays much better dividends in the long run. I discovered this "lifestyle" when I hit 40, but I have not had a prior addiction to kick so you might have to put in a little more work to turn the corner on getting in shape, but at 50+ I'm in the best shape of my life honestly so if I can do it at 40 so can you. don't allow yourself to slip back into the things that were bad for you.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on being sober and giving up smoking! That is a great accomplishment and I hope you are feeling good. How is your diet and what is your plan to get back in shape? I wish you well.
  • janelle828
    janelle828 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you that you know and are tackling this now. Alcoholism is way too easy (I recognize that in myself too). Let's beat this and lose the pounds!