Problems increasing calorie intake

Options
So i'm trying to maintain my weight at 7st 2 and am trying to take in around 1500-1600 calories a day, plus more when exercising.

However, over the past few weeks I've been consuming an average of 1000 calories a day, often less, and no longer wish to eat this little!

But I'm having problems upping my calorie intake. I eat 3 meals a day and am happy to eat snacks as long as they are nutritious or healthy.

Any ideas on what I can do/eat to increase my calorie intake without gaining weight?

thanks for any help!

Replies

• ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    Add some almonds,walnuts, etc to your diet! Just a handful will add considerable calories (the nutritious kind) ! :bigsmile:
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Add some almonds,walnuts, etc to your diet! Just a handful will add considerable calories (the nutritious kind) ! :bigsmile:

I agree and some raisins/sultanas too. Use butter too; margarine is full of nasty stuff.
  • Persipan
    Persipan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    On top of what everyone else has said, avocados and olive oil are both really healthy and will help add some calories. (How about a salad of lettucey stuff with maybe some chicken, avocado and walnuts, and an olive oil and lemon dressing?)
  • bitterbrownie
    Options
    thanx for these - I'll try them! i think it's just getting used to not controlling calorie counting so much anymore....i'm scared to let go almost :ohwell: