Started this 6 years ago & Lost 100 Pounds, and now I'm back after gaining 50 back!

Options
As the title reads, I joined MFP in 2010 and over the course of two years of intense working out and diet modifications, I lost over 100 pounds. Now that I'm married and with two kids, the weight had been creeping back on in excess of 50 pounds at the most. Yesterday, my wife and I decided to both go all out and get ourselves healthy again. We are both tracking our calories, eating healthy, and working out. We also have a system of rewards in place. I am entirely motivated all over again, as I have clothes from that era I saved! Here goes nothing!

Replies

• calmeid8
    calmeid8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you mind me asking your rewards system? As a child food was always my reward but I'm trying to find a new one as my favourite foods are those that I shouldn't eat that often. Thanks!!
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Food is not a reward and I think it just sets up error in diet. Rewards for me include swimming activities, golf lessons, movie theater date night, house party (Mario kart tourney), and as I get closer to my goal, an official Vikings jersey and clothing shopping spree.
  • michaelmojica99
    Options
    Good luck to you both! Stay motivated!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Way to go man, wishing you great luck on this go around!