eggs

Options
finny11122
finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
Eggs an all time favourite . You want the best boiled eggs ever .

Just place them in a pot , bring to the boil , and once boiling turn heat off fully and cover with lid .
12 minutes later , perfect boiled egss .

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    "Perfect" can be subjective though--are these hard-boiled or soft-boiled? I ask because when I make boiled eggs, I leave them boiling for exactly five minutes, take them off the heat, and let them sit in the hot water for at least another ten minutes (uncovered). It seems like yours would be less cooked than mine, somehow.
  • finny11122
    Options
    They will be hard boiled . Perfect texture . They will not be like rubber and the yolk will be just right . Give it a go next time you make them :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That's the way my wife learned to do hard boiled eggs, but she lets them sit for 20 minutes. For me, "perfect" is one that allows the shell to be removed cleanly and quickly. I haven't found perfect yet.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Add a tablespoon of baking soda to make it easier to peel.
  • Ignite_
    Ignite_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cheap and perfect eggs every time. You simply fill the cap with the amount of water to indicate your preference, hard or soft, and the amount of eggs. Simple and quick.

Egg%20Boiler%20600x360.jpg
  • finny11122
    Options
    That's the way my wife learned to do hard boiled eggs, but she lets them sit for 20 minutes. For me, "perfect" is one that allows the shell to be removed cleanly and quickly. I haven't found perfect yet.

Yes that true . 15 -20 minutes and they will be fine .
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Add a tablespoon of baking soda to make it easier to peel.

I've tried vinegar. it works quite well but it makes the shell all weird.

What I've heard is that boiling perfectly fresh eggs makes them harder to peel, and to use eggs that have been in your fridge for a week or so. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I generally don't boil my eggs fresh out of the supermarket and I don't usually have peeling trouble. :)
  • finny11122
    Options
    Ignite_ wrote: »
    Cheap and perfect eggs every time. You simply fill the cap with the amount of water to indicate your preference, hard or soft, and the amount of eggs. Simple and quick.

Egg%20Boiler%20600x360.jpg

Cool . Never seen one of them before .
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    They will be hard boiled . Perfect texture . They will not be like rubber and the yolk will be just right . Give it a go next time you make them :)

I'll give it a shot!