Anyone from kenya?

Would love to know how you key in your calories for foods that are not recorded

Replies

• SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Hiya,
    Im from South Africa
    Ive slowly noticed a lot of our food is being added to the database but there is a lot that is not on here.

I either find the raw ingredient and build up from there,
    Otherwise I use the nutritional information on the packet and convert the kilojules to calories online and create my own Food on my food list.

If neither one of these options is available I try and find something close to the food I am logging from the list.
  • Nadisay
    Nadisay Posts: 18
    Hiya.... Am from uganda, hope all is well, just wanted to find out if you have been successful in logging ur food, would like to know if u eat matooke, and if u have any idea no how to log it accurately. Thanks. This my first week on here.
  • I'm from Zimbabwe and the tricky bit is usually traditional foods, I've been googling the calorific value of a lot of the food I can't find and when I'm really stuck I break it down by ingredients. It's nice to know that African sisters are losing weight and getting fit too :o)
  • Curvygalslim
    Curvygalslim Posts: 42 Member
    Yes I love love matoke and having problem keying it in...Search for plaintain though.
  • Curvygalslim
    Curvygalslim Posts: 42 Member
    Of late I have been keeping of tradional foods and foods that I know are not in the data base....Goodluck on this journey...adding you as a friend also
  • docmzii
    docmzii Posts: 5 Member
    Kenyan here. Add me on.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited September 2016
    You can add foods into the MFP database. Google the nutrient info for that food, and then when you go to log it, create a new food and input that data.