Mixing it up

Options
Is it important to stay with the same workout for arms, legs, butt, abs or is it fine to change it daily? I know that results can come with "changing it up" as far as workouts but will the results be as noticeable if I change the workout daily? I've lost the weight that I want to lose so it's not a matter of losing fat at this point. I do cardio almost daily but like to add 10 min of arms (shoulders, back), legs, butt, and and abs. What are your thoughts as far as variety and changing it daily with workout programs?

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising just to burn calories? If so, then it doesn't really matter. If you are actually trying to get stronger and achieve a goal, follow a structured progressive loading plan and stick to it
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Are you exercising just to burn calories? If so, then it doesn't really matter. If you are actually trying to get stronger and achieve a goal, follow a structured progressive loading plan and stick to it

No...to tone and I say that knowing that people will say toning is not a thing but I do see defined muscle since doing these exercises regularly. Everyone notices my tones arms, shoulders, legs...so they do work. I'm just wondering though if it's better to stick to one of the 10 min workouts for say the arms for 3 times a week or whatever and then switch to another. Does that make sense?
  • 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't do the same workouts two days in a row . I mean if today I did legs and arms then tomorrow I'd do butt and thigh ~ I try new exercise every 3 weeks ^^ . I got easily bored so .. Yeah mixing up is perfectly fine :D
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I don't do the same workouts two days in a row . I mean if today I did legs and arms then tomorrow I'd do butt and thigh ~ I try new exercise every 3 weeks ^^ . I got easily bored so .. Yeah mixing up is perfectly fine :D

Great thanks!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »

No...to tone and I say that knowing that people will say toning is not a thing but I do see defined muscle since doing these exercises regularly. Everyone notices my tones arms, shoulders, legs...so they do work. I'm just wondering though if it's better to stick to one of the 10 min workouts for say the arms for 3 times a week or whatever and then switch to another. Does that make sense?

Once again, it's "better"...as in way more efficient to follow an established program.

see this chick...pretty toned right?

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-9.23.11-AM1.jpg

She's not sitting around in the gym doing all kinds of isolation work...she's following an established program the consists largely of compound movements...

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

I'm not saying you have to lift to be a power lifter...but you're going to get way more bang for your buck following solid, established programming that emphasize compound movements regardless of what rep range you're working in...to that end, I do believe it's beneficial to mix up and do mesocycles in various rep ranges rather than "specializing"...and I do mix up some of my assistance and isolation work...but the compounds remain the foundation of my programming regardless...as they should with any solid program.