To crystal light/diet soda drinkers...question....

Options
2»

Replies

• lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thank u all!! I haven't been counting them but guess I should start!! I know the diet soda says 0 calories but my new diet mt dew says 10 calories for the whole 20 oz bottle! And I get the big ones from the convenient store fountain machine all of the time! I guess u should log 10 calories here and there for that too! I usually put 1 packet in a 23 oz bottle of water and have 4 of them a day. Yesterday I had 5. I need to break that packet up for 2 bottles!

And I agree with the statement "I have put worse in my body than artificial sweeteners!" Isn't that why most of us are here?

Thanks again!!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I tend to quick add calories to cover these items. I don't drink much diet soda, but I do make crystal light and keep it in my fridge.
  • Lynwilli
    Lynwilli Posts: 28
    Options
    Try Diet Rite it is true zero cola and no aspartame.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    The only thing I do not count are vitamins. So yes, I count low-calorie beverages. My most frequent low-calorie beverage is anything from the 4C Light Iced Teas. they're 0 calories, 100% of Vitamin C per 8 oz and less expensive than Crystal Light.

I just don't drink soda unless it's a mixer for an alcoholic beverage. I have nothing against soda, but I can live without the belching and farting it causes.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I have not read through the replies, but my answer is: NO. I don't count those calories, just like I don't count the calories in my sugar-free gum.

To each their own, but I just don't think it's necessary to count those.
  • tommieamelia
    Options
    Yes, I count mine. But then again, I drink 2 quarts a day of the of raspberry lemonade. Therein, 40 calories go to my "water." I figure that might add up if I ignore them. Those calories are SO worth it! :)

(Keep on an eye on the Publix ads, fellow Crystal Light addicts - Publix puts the canisters on BOGO every couple of months!)
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always log them.
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I drink the cans of Diet Mt. Dew and haven't noticed anyhting about 10 calories!! My heart is breaking!! I am totally addicted to them! I kicked the sugary drinks about two years ago b/c "getting rid of the sodas alone will make you lose (insert # here) pounds." Of course that didn't work, but I don't think I have enough will power to kick them all together. As long as my 12 oz. cans say 0 calories, that's what I'm sticking to!! LOL The only time i can drink water is /during/after a good workout or when I am forcing it down my throat to fill my stomach up after dinner and all my calories for the day are gone! As far as answering your question, I say "to each his own." My husband was so upset the other night over going over his count and kept going on about it. I told him that this is only gonna work if there is a little bit of flex. You're not going to hell for not counting a few extra calories, and if it upsets you that much, then just count. But do what is right for YOU and YOU alone. It's your body! ;) (P.S. Sorry for the novel.)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I log them. Not just for the calories or sodium, but also to help me keep track of how much water I drink.

I use one packet per 32 oz of water, and drink between 3 and 4 a day.
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wasn't counting them until I saw how much sodium was in one packet. (Crystal Light) I gave it up and now I make a glass pitcher of ice water with fuit in it. A friend told me to add fresh strawberries and kiwi. It's yummy!
  • danacolson
    Options
    No, I haven't been counting them and won't start. I typically use 2 packets a day. Not counting the Crystal Lite, I usually consume anywhere from 1,100 -1,300 calories a day. My weight loss has been steady. The ONE thing I refuse to log is Crystal Lite!