95 days on MFP - New to the forums

Options
Hello,

I have been using MFP to log my daily eating and exercising in order to lose weight. I am on the Keto diet and have lost a total of 39 lbs so far. I am thrilled with the results and am very motivated right now.

In 95 days, I have stuck to the diet without cheating at all. Most I have done is gone over my calorie count by a few.

I am trying to lose at least 12 more lbs. That was my original goal but I may want to lose more depending on how I look when I get to 235. I started at 286 with 40% body fat. I am at 247 and have not measured my body fat recently.

So I thought I would introduce myself and see if there are others that are on a similar path to me.

Thanks, John

Replies

• KetoGenesis2016
    KetoGenesis2016 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great for you John! I have been on Keto for 16 weeks, and I am at 47 pounds. There are tons of keto peeps on here, would you like to be friends? I will send an invite just in case :). Did you get the keto flu? What are you plans after your 12?
  • jpc763
    jpc763 Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Great for you John! I have been on Keto for 16 weeks, and I am at 47 pounds. There are tons of keto peeps on here, would you like to be friends? I will send an invite just in case :). Did you get the keto flu? What are you plans after your 12?

Hi KetoGenesis2016. Great job on 47 lbs! Fantastic! I accepted your friend request.

I was fortunate and did not get the flu. I have been losing weight steadily.

The 12 is a guideline right now. I would be at 235 and probably around 20% body fat. Depending on how I like the way I look, I will switch to muscle tone. I have not been hungry at all, but moving to muscle toning would probably increase my calorie count per day and thus carbs.

A lot depends on what my annual physical says and my bloodwork. I had "pre-diabetic" A1C readings for the past 2 years and my home tests have shown that I am now back in the "normal" range at 5.5. I am not sure how accurate the home tests are. I also want to know how my blood pressure and cholesterol are responding to the Keto diet.

The thing that I struggle with is not having Pizza! I mean "real" pizza, not the cauliflower crust pizza!

We will see. What is your goal?

John