Best way to not eat to much

Options
2»

Replies

• bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What works for me when I'm "extra" hungry is that I eat every 2 hours instead of every 3-4, you just have to make your cals work by eating smaller but satisfying meals, protein and healthy fats really make the difference...Good luck!
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    if you eat sugar, make sure it comes with friends. fat, protein, and fibre all slow down its absorption. instead of having that pumpkin pie, have a big serving of strawberries with a piece of cheese. this isn't eating less by volume, but i bet it's eating less by calories, and you won't be flooding your body with a whole bag of sugar.

look for nutrient dense, not calorie dense, foods. how many people binge on celery? well then, find yourself some celery (or whatever, think water-filled vegetable) that you like and eat as much as you like. no limit on watery vegetables!

fruit is awesome but go for the lower-sugar fruits such as berries. wild blueberries pack an awesome flavour punch but are so much better than a banana i can't even describe it.

stay away from the foods you can't resist. i know this is hard. my husband manages a library which has an incredible coffee shop in it, and they basically sell sins ;) i treated myself the first day they had pumpkin tarts on the menu, but from now on i have to not look at the wonderful sweets until my designated treat day (the 18th) at which point i allow myself any luxury i want. it's become easier because i just say "yes! i can have that awesome malva! put one aside for me til the 18th, will you?" and since they're awesome, they do :) telling yourself you can never have X again is a sure fire way to get you obsessing about X.