Cool Sculpting

Options
Has anyone tried this after getting to goal weight? I realize this is for pure cosmetology purposes. :) yes, I am confident in my skin, yes I feel beautiful but I am also very curious! Thanks!!

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    If you are at your goal weight, you wouldn't need cool sculpting right? Isn't it a fat removal process?
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It is most effective the first time you do it, after that the results are less dramatic...so, if you are going to have it done then get all the areas you want done all at once...plus, some people have had good results doing it at home with ice cubes, not sure how open to experimentation you are, but I'm sure you can google and find their experiments if you want to try your own...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    bagge72 wrote: »
    If you are at your goal weight, you wouldn't need cool sculpting right? Isn't it a fat removal process?

Some people reach their goal weight and discover that their bodyfat percentage is still too high. Ideal weight doesn't necessarily equal ideal bodyfat percentage, and bf% has a very significant influence on aesthetics.
  • Lisa_Ookoo
    Lisa_Ookoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Some people would have to get to an impossibly low (or aesthetically unpleasing) percentage of body fat in order to lose a small pocket of fat on the belly or under the chin.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    232good wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this after getting to goal weight? I realize this is for pure cosmetology purposes. :) yes, I am confident in my skin, yes I feel beautiful but I am also very curious! Thanks!!

Sculpsure (basically the laser version of CoolSculpting) is the way to go. Way less painful (feels like a little sunburn), better results, less risk and recovery time.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Plus, Sculpsure tightens the skin after weight loss. Overall, it's way better.
  • bagge72
    Options
    232good wrote: »

Sculpsure (basically the laser version of CoolSculpting) is the way to go. Way less painful (feels like a little sunburn), better results, less risk and recovery time.

This is very true, I work for a medical malpractice insurance company, and we don't see any claims against doctors doing Sculpsure, but we have seen some claims for CoolSculpting for paradoxical adipose hyperplasia, which I guess has the opposite affect, and generates more fat cells instead of reducing them.

• bagge72
    Options
    Lisa_Ookoo wrote: »

Some people would have to get to an impossibly low (or aesthetically unpleasing) percentage of body fat in order to lose a small pocket of fat on the belly or under the chin.

Makes sense!

• 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks guys!!
  • SaraPEN_85
    SaraPEN_85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got CoolSculpting in February and LOVE my results! After having my second baby I just could not lose my mommy pooch! I was working out 5 days a week and eating healthy but NOTHING worked. My results are fabulous and fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes now and even need to by some pants a size smaller. The pain was minimal and I was able to get back to working out just a week after my treatment! Realself.com is a great resource if you are thinking about having it. There are great before and after pics and reviews seem honest and legit. Good luck! :)