Hofbrauhaus?

Options
So it's my husband's birthday and I'm taking him to his favorite restaurant, Hofbrauhaus (he says a visit there makes any birthday perfect). Any tips on what to eat there? I was thinking of asking them if they can just give me some chicken breast and veggies (not in the menu but I'm sure they have both in the kitchen). Thanks! :)

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Here's the menu for anyone looking to make suggestions: http://www.hofbrauhauslasvegas.com/menu/

I'm not familiar with it, have not heard of it until I just now Googled.

Have a wonderful time out with the Hubby :smiley:

Jodel%20Marmutt_tn.jpg

Oh I think I'd go shopping at the gift shop and buy one of these cute guys:

This animated marmot is dressed in a Dirndl and has singing, yodeling and dancing features. The marmot comes with batteries! I've never heard or seen a Marmutt before... sooo cute! I had no clue they danced and yodeled in the wild and came with batteries! :o
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you want grilled chicken and veg, they have a salad platter that you can add chicken to.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhhhh he's into Groundhogs... close enough :smiley: May have to get him one.

I don't eat salad :( I lost 117 lbs without eating a salad (and then gained 92 lbs since I met him which I'm now getting back off... 7 in 2 weeks!).
  • GatorDeb1
    Options
    We'll be going for dinner BTW.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    GatorDeb1 wrote: »
    We'll be going for dinner BTW.

Hofbräuhaus Salad Platter
    - Fresh Salads of the Season, with Tomatoes, Cucumber and Peppers. Add a grilled Chicken Breast or grilled Tilapia Filets.

This was listed under Salads that's available for dinner. Doesn't sound too bad since you can have grilled chicken with it OR grilled Tilapia. Sounds pretty good actually... suddenly craving for salad all of the sudden at 2am. lol

Oh I think Alatariel75 already shared this up above.. :blush:
  • GatorDeb1
    Options
    No salad here :)
  • GatorDeb1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sauerbraten: https://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/IvgeXzwL2mt4wvZ-mmQOaA/o.jpg

Gonna ask for those vegetable strips with some chicken breast. That's what's winning so far :) Maybe ask them if they can add 200g of Spatzl which adds 268 calories. With about 8 oz of chicken breast at 220 and about 200 in veggies that's a decent sized meal for 688 calories.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ooooohhhhh he's into Groundhogs... close enough :smiley: May have to get him one.

I don't eat salad :( I lost 117 lbs without eating a salad (and then gained 92 lbs since I met him which I'm now getting back off... 7 in 2 weeks!).

Sheesh you did mention that up above, didn't you?! Sorry about that...that slipped out of my mind rather quickly. :laugh:
    Sauerbraten: https://s3-media3.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/IvgeXzwL2mt4wvZ-mmQOaA/o.jpg

Gonna ask for those vegetable strips with some chicken breast. That's what's winning so far :) Maybe ask them if they can add 200g of Spatzl which adds 268 calories. With about 8 oz of chicken breast at 220 and about 200 in veggies that's a decent sized meal for 688 calories.
    This looks pretty tasty! ;)
  • JayWalk39
    JayWalk39 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    ...or you could just go and enjoy yourself and eat whatever you want. You can't deprive yourself of all enjoyment or the weight loss / diet will never stick. Just make sure that you leave as much wiggle room in your macros that day as possible and then just get back on the wagon the next day. No harm in splurging every now and then.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Relax and enjoy some food on your husband's birthday, and get back on track the next day.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite German food is sauerbraten, and it's decent calorie-wise. And so tasty. And saurkraut is very low in calorie, although usually somewhat salty. It's good to fill up on. And of course a good German beer.

Now I want German food.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hubby's birthday?

Enjoy the food and then work it off when you get home.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    JayWalk39 wrote: »
    ...or you could just go and enjoy yourself and eat whatever you want. You can't deprive yourself of all enjoyment or the weight loss / diet will never stick. Just make sure that you leave as much wiggle room in your macros that day as possible and then just get back on the wagon the next day. No harm in splurging every now and then.

THIS^ With a few German beers.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    There are only a hand full of locations in the US... Which one are you going to.... out of curiosity
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    its one meal. I'd just enjoy the meal with him and no worry about calories. its only one meal.
  • Hearts_2015
    edited September 2016
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    There are only a hand full of locations in the US... Which one are you going to.... out of curiosity

I believe @GatorDeb1 lives in Vegas, least that's the menu link I posted. :laugh: I checked her profile as I was wondering the same thing when I Googled the restaurant.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    If it's just one meal I'd go for a "Bavarian Specialty." I mean, not getting one of their special sausages is like going to the Korean BBQ and ordering Sushi.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Do NOT try the Veggie Burger...One Bite of the Patty,& it was Spit out Immediately & embarrassingly, as it was SO SALT Laden..
  • GatorDeb1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm a binge eater and if I just "go for it" that will set off a series of binges. If I set a certain number of calories a day and stick to it (no matter what the calories are) I'm good. We went to eat to another high-calorie restaurant and before we went I looked at the menu and looked up calories for individual components and settled for a 12-oz New York steak, baked potato (plain), and veggies. Got there and no baked potato so I substituted with a chicken noodle soup. In the last week we've gone to that restaurant, Denny's, and Einstein's Bagels (he LOVES to eat out... before I met him I ate out only when someone had a birthday and mother's day).

It's just that Hofbrahaus is particularly fattening all-around lol I don't think I could live in Germany (I'm in Las Vegas). So far chicken breast with vegetable strips is winning (maybe with a small amount of Spatzel).
  • GatorDeb1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Went Saturday and it was a complete success. I ended up having 2 sides of chicken breast and one side of vegetable of the day (steamed broccoli). I thought I was ordering 8 oz total chicken breast but their chicken breasts looked like 8 oz each lol Still a huge meal for 500 calories or so estimated. Had four bites of The Hubster's pretzel and two bites of the apple strudel one with vanilla ice cream.

If anyone is in Vegas I recommend the place, it was a blast, really great atmosphere and food.

If I can do Hofbrahaus, I can do anything! :D And it didn't set off a binge.

Next up: Out of town wedding with three related meals next week!

PS They were out of the plush toy and The Hubster is into groundhogs I'm gonna have to go back and get it lol