low sugar snacks struggling

Hi all.

Wondering if i can get some help... I find on my app im allowed 56g of sugar daily.. However I have replaces the likes of chocolate and crisps with fruit and this is what I use to snack on... However everyday I am going so far over my sugar limit..
I am trying to keep to a low carb low fat diet as well... has anyone got any recommendations on what o could potentially swap a couple of bits a fruit a day for something else to lower the sugar intake??

Thanks in advance

Replies

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    I have the same issue... my sugar is coming from fruits or yoghurts... the only straight sugar I have in a day is my morning coffee... and I am still over several times a day...
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    sunflower seeds? higher in fat but a good snack.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited September 2016
    Low carb low fat? Most low carbers are high fat or at least moderate fat. Any medical reason for low fat?

Going over your sugar is fine is you stay within your calories. Sugar isn't a magical devil that causes weight gain if you stay within your calorie limit like everyone seems to think.
  • loyalluton
    loyalluton Posts: 9 Member
    No not any medical reasons I've just found its the best way my body reacts to losing the weight...

I looked at nuts but the fat content for the amount i would eat is far too high!
  • loyalluton
    loyalluton Posts: 9 Member
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    I have the same issue... my sugar is coming from fruits or yoghurts... the only straight sugar I have in a day is my morning coffee... and I am still over several times a day...

i have the exact same thing a muller light a day and a few fruits and it's so far over

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    loyalluton wrote: »
    No not any medical reasons I've just found its the best way my body reacts to losing the weight...

I looked at nuts but the fat content for the amount i would eat is far too high!

So you are low carbs, low fat and super high protein? What is your macro percentage?
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Why would you do low carb and low fat? You shouldn't do this to your body unless medically necessary.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    Do you know the CDC recommends women have only 25 grams of sugar a day? I learned that a few weeks ago.. been cutting it way down.
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    Well eat natural greek yogourt, more protein and unsweetened. Replace fruit snack with vegetable snack like carrot sticks and hummus. You know where the "too much sugar" is coming from, so change the problem.
  • izzyrhunt
    izzyrhunt Posts: 25 Member
    Veggies and hummus or nut butter
    Crackers and cheese
    Nuts and seed mix
    Cottage cheese and blueberries
    Quest bars

Hope that helps!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Do you know the CDC recommends women have only 25 grams of sugar a day? I learned that a few weeks ago.. been cutting it way down.

This is not quite right. The recommendation is for 25 grams of ADDED sugars, meaning:

"Added sugars: Added sugars include all sugars used as ingredients in processed and prepared foods such as breads, cakes, soft drinks, jams, chocolates, and ice cream, and sugars eaten separately or added to foods at the table. Examples of added sugars [PDF - 348 KB] include white sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar, corn syrup, corn syrup solids, high fructose corn syrup, malt syrup, maple syrup, pancake syrup, fructose sweetener, liquid fructose, honey, molasses, anhydrous dextrose, crystal dextrose, and dextrin."

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db122.htm