Best protein snack bars?

Options
Hey everyone,

I am currently having some issues getting enough protein in my diet. Now I am looking to begin eating protein bars, as they are readily available and there are a bunch of them on the market. My hopes are to find ones that aren't too high in sugar content, but satisfy my sweet tooth too. So I am wondering what are some of y'all favorites? Are they filling enough for the calorie content they have?

As always, thank you in advance for any answers!

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I like the Clif Protein bars. I find them very filling. The mint chocolate is my favorite. I eat one for dessert often. I've never paid attention to how much sugar they have because I don't track sugar.

For what it's worth, I think Quest bars are pretty nasty but most people love them. Their chips are good though.
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Clif bars are high in both sugar and protein. I am on the search for same as OP.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Quest, Oh Yeah! One Bars, Pure Protein.

A great way to get protein can also be liquid egg whites if you don't have any egg allergies. If you can get over the mental hurdle of drinking (tasteless) egg whites, a cup is 26ish grams protein and mixes in with any shake as a base liquid. About $1 per 1 cup serving.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My current favorites:
    Rx Bars. The dark chocolate sea salt flavor only has 9g of sugar and 12g of protein. They have 210 calories per bar.

Dark Chocolate Almond bars by Primal Kitchen: 3g of sugar, 15g of protein and 230 calories per bar.

B-up brand protein bars: They are kind of like the old Quest bars. I don't remember the sugar count, but they are 21g of protein and 190 calories.
  • Courtney4805
    Courtney4805 Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have a hard time getting in my protein too since I'm not huge on meat or nuts. So I have been buying "Premier Protein" bars. The two kind my local Walmart carry are Chocolate Peanut Butter which has 30g of protein, 290 calories, 8g sugar & 3g fiber and Dark Chocolate Mint which has 30g of protein, 280 calories, 10g sugar & 3g fiber. They are pretty big and dense so I feel full after eating them.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I found these bars at Costco, but they're called Simply protein bars and they're fantastic. I don't know if you can get them outside of Canada though.
  • ErlienWubs
    ErlienWubs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein.
  • emk129
    emk129 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Isalean bars.. I love the peanut crunch and chocolate decadence and I love thee dairy free bars. Chocolate peanut butter and mixed berry bliss! I have one a day.. Yuuuuum and they get shipped to my house direct!
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    QuestBar, lots of choices and decent price at the local market.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I eat Pure Protein bars from Walmart/Costco. For me, they have the best protein:calorie ratio with low sodium (my problem). I love the Chocolate Deluxe bars as they make a great dessert. 180 calories, 21 g protein, 3 sugars, 4 sugar alcohols. Here's a link to those specific bars.

http://www.pureprotein.com/products/chocolate-deluxe-50-g/#
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting in my protein too since I'm not huge on meat or nuts. So I have been buying "Premier Protein" bars. The two kind my local Walmart carry are Chocolate Peanut Butter which has 30g of protein, 290 calories, 8g sugar & 3g fiber and Dark Chocolate Mint which has 30g of protein, 280 calories, 10g sugar & 3g fiber. They are pretty big and dense so I feel full after eating them.

Premier protein are my favorite. They sell them in 18 packs, three flavors at Costco, BJs and Sam's club. $16.88. They often have $4 coupons on them as well. These I cut in half when I eat them. I also buy their fiber crispy bars. Sam's club carries an 18 pack of mixed flavors of these, $14.88. Much cheaper than anywhere else. I have one of the fiber bars every night as "dessert"
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    If your Costco has them get the Kirkland protein bars. They are AWESOME!
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Combat crunch.

I 100% agree with this. I have eaten many many bars over my time and the MusclePharm Combat Crunch bars are bar none the best I have ever had. I have the cookie dough but can't wait to try other ones.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    If your Costco has them get the Kirkland protein bars. They are AWESOME!

Awesome is a stretch, but they are pretty good and definitely the best bang for your buck.

One bars, Fitjoy and Think Thin are the best tasting in my opinion but they are a little more expensive