Motivational friends Eh! Ontario Canada!

Options
I love this app and use it often... Though I've fallen of track many times! Doing this alone is challenging enough... Many support groups out there with large followers. Looking for supporters in Ontario! Let's motivate each other! Possible walk groups depending on locations! Let face it...walking alone is not what it use to be.
Im currently cold turkey from smoking! I need some motivation to succeed... My fear is gaining weight during this difficult time...so back on fitness pal and looking for near by friends to share in my success and failures...

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome!!! I am in Ontario Canada!!! I am almost 6 years smoke free!! I too quit cold turkey! I gained weight, don't sweat it if you do. I would rather have gained a little weight and not smoked!!! You are doing the best thing possible for yourself!! Think of it like this....you aren't going to have failures, maybe set backs, but not failures!!! :)
  • jennysikma
    jennysikma Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome!!! I am in Ontario Canada!!! I am almost 6 years smoke free!! I too quit cold turkey! I gained weight, don't sweat it if you do. I would rather have gained a little weight and not smoked!!! You are doing the best thing possible for yourself!! Think of it like this....you aren't going to have failures, maybe set backs, but not failures!!! :)

Thank you Joanna! I'm feeling a lot of pain right now... But I'm pushing through the withdrawal!
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Drink lots of water and try to keep yourself busy!! You got this!!!!
  • dariavela
    dariavela Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you! I have never been a smoker so I can't really relate to the struggle of quiting, but feel free to add me and we can motivate each other regardless. The more the merrier!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey, fellow Ontarians!!!
    I don't know the struggle of trying to quit smoking but I totally get the weight loss issue! Been struggling with it for 23+ yrs

Sadly I don't live close to any of you but I do my darnedest to be a good support pal, we ALL need support to do this!
    I've added the 3 of you, hope to see you posting !

• dougsandford
    dougsandford Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also from Ontario. I am looking for MFP motivational friends if anyone wants to add me.
  • BigMamaT2016
    BigMamaT2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm from Ontario! I've made half assed attempts to lose weight in the past but I'm really making an effort to make the lifestyle changes needed to lose weight and get healthy. Feel free to add me :)
  • jennysikma
    Options
    I am also from Ontario. I am looking for MFP motivational friends if anyone wants to add me.

Hello Doug, half *kitten* attempts for me too. I find pre planning my meals works best. Portion control and stay out of the fridge after 7 pm only water allowed.
  • jennysikma
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm from Ontario! I've made half assed attempts to lose weight in the past but I'm really making an effort to make the lifestyle changes needed to lose weight and get healthy. Feel free to add me :)

It's a tough change for us all, I tend to do great for a few months then fall off the wagon with temptations and down right lazy choices. Good luck to you. You can do it
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I am from ontario too. Feel free to add me.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    85 lbs down since February here in Ontario. Makes this hot summer more bearable!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Originally from Barrie
  • jennysikma
    Options
    Chris_2013 wrote: »
    85 lbs down since February here in Ontario. Makes this hot summer more bearable!

Great job Chris! My goal is 50lbs...and toning
  • jennysikma
    Options
    TGIF! Stay on track and enjoy the weekend
  • MonicaInOntario
    MonicaInOntario Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just moved to a small town near Newmarket, Ontario. Also recently joined Fit4Less at Leslie and Davis. Any people go there?
  • jennysikma
    Options
    Hi! I just moved to a small town near Newmarket, Ontario. Also recently joined Fit4Less at Leslie and Davis. Any people go there?

Hi fit4less is great! I'm too far away... Brantford.
  • jshay295
    jshay295 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Southern Ontario is where it's at :)
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Oakville, Ontario here...12 years smoke free after killing myself for 23....to date I've lost 80ish pounds (in maintenance now, and keep playing with two pounds up and down!!)
    It's DOABLE!! Weight loss AND quitting smoking are both big mind games, and when you wrap yours around them, success is yours!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Anyone have crazy weather lasting?
    We had a crap ton of rain and wind
    Lost a couple branches and our satellite and wifi weee out for a bit
    But all is good this morning
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    @JustMissTracy that is awesome!!! Way to go!!!

@jackie_van_d just some ran and thunderstorm...nothing crazy!