How do you prevent Binging

Options
The topic says it all.... what are your little tips and tricks to stop yourself from binging?

Laura :)

Replies

• Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I pray daily and ask God for his help with my food choices
  • mariaprat18
    Options
    I keep myself busy. :)
  • SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I chew gum or have a diet pop...it doesnt always work though :( another thing that can make me think twice is to go look at my victoria's secret catologues!!!! :P
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i stay busy and keep a list of things i can do instead (clean, reorganize closet, talk a walk, call someone, wash car, research something on the internet). i also keep things around that i can snack on that will do minimal damage (carrot chips, cuties/clementines, laughing cow cheese wedge).

but i also allow make sure to always work in my favorite things into my daily diet so that i don't feel like i am denying myself all the time. i love a half a sandwich and potato chips for lunch, so that is what i eat, and i feel happy and satisfied, and because of the smaller portions i don't kill my calorie goal. i also allow myself some form of dessert every single day. yes, it's much lower calorie and smaller sized than it used to be, but it makes me happy.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I remind myself that if I eat it, I have to figure out how to log it on MFP. And that has the effect of shifting my focus back to my health goals instead of eating for the sake of eating.
  • kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Use Google? lol jk
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of things. I either eat healthier versions, or small servings of bad foods. The urge to binge is very rare because I keep my diet "easy". I can't stick with it if it's too restrictive. Took me YEARS of dieting on and off to figure this out.
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    I have a decent treat every now and agan, so that nothing is totally 'forbidden'. I dont keep fatty snacks in the house, and if I buy chocolate or something else then I make sure it is a single portion, so I dont feel tempted to eat a whole packet/tub etc.

I've also got loads of fruit in the house, so if I am feeling like a might pig out I make a huge bowl of chopped up fruits and that fills me up.

Louise x
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    get up and do some exercises. Sometimes when you have a urge it's hard. I had one last night but I decided to workout. I used to be bulimic so I binged a lot. Good Luck.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    LOAD up on protein. Trust me. You will not want to eat anymore.
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    Options
    I only buy small versions of high calorie yogurt, chocolate...
  • shabnam21
    shabnam21 Posts: 3
    Options
    i drink green tea every time i feel like binging.....best of luck.............
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Things I do:

1. Eat small amounts of the foods I want to binge on. Satisfying the craving on occasion keeps the binge urge away.
    2. I don't keep binge foods in the house, I specifically go buy a small amount when I want to have them and eat it at once.
    3. Eat something healthy instead (that I enjoy the taste of).
    4. Drink some extra water.
    5. Distract myself by exercising or doing another activity.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't keep food around that I would normally binge on. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, super mini snack. When I see something I want my way of expressing that is "I would totally just put my face in that." because I would totally put all manners aside and just shove my face in what ever it is and eat it like the piggy eats . . . so I don't keep that stuff around. Oh, and I do occasionally indulge without binging . . . I get out one portion and put the rest back before I eat it, or I only buy one portion.
  • princess_elle
    Options
    "Binge" on healthier foods! My local grocery store has these yummy sherbert bars that are only 14 calories each and fat free! They come in packs of 10, so even if I eat the whole box it is only 140 cals. Also, if you are a chocolate and sweets person, sugar free pudding is great for satisfying cravings.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself of things. I either eat healthier versions, or small servings of bad foods. The urge to binge is very rare because I keep my diet "easy". I can't stick with it if it's too restrictive. Took me YEARS of dieting on and off to figure this out.

Me too, but there are a few foods that can really test my self control, so they are out of the house for a while.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    If I see something I want or think about something I want, I eat a small portion of it. I know myself well enough to know if I constantly tell myself I can't have something that I will binge.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't bring anything into the house I can't have without binging on.
  • coffeemisto
    coffeemisto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I binge at night before bed and I found that a mug of swiss miss sugar-free hot cocoa made with non-fat milk instead of water really satisfies me for an extended period of time in the evening. During the day, I eat a ton of lean protein....take a look at the Dukan Diet that just hit the U.S. about 4 months ago.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I come on here and read the success stories or I look at big photos of myself and just keep busy doing anything.

Most of the times it works. The days it doesn't I just start over the next day, we are all human and make mistakes, we just gotta learn from them.