Birth control weight and blood pressure

Options
Anyone had issues with birth control pills easing bp or making you gain or have issues losing? Or have you quit taking bc and had your bp go down or find weightloss easier?

Replies

• Mdbabylan
    Mdbabylan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I had tried the implant but I ended up gaining 40 lbs in 6 months
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I had a doc keep trying to talk me into the implant but I know people that got pregnant on it. This pill in particular I think has made me gain. I love as on one along time ago that was a higher estrogen pill and a gained 12lbs in a really short time
  • Jessicac571
    Jessicac571 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started a pill this week. Usually when I start a birthcontrol pill I get all bloaty and gain. This one has actually made me completely lose my appetite. Hopefully that will phase out over the next few weeks?
  • Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have the implant in my arm, I haven't gained any weight with it, actually lost a couple pounds but I do believe it is harder (maybe it comes off slower would be a better wording?) for me to lose than some of my friends without it.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    the pill its self wont make you gain weight as in fat.

it can however increase your appitie, so you eat more and therefore gain weight.

if you are eating at a deficit you WILL loose weight........but with the hormones in the pill it also makes you retain water which can mask actual fat loss.

i find that i spend 3 weeks going up and down the same 4lbs and then i have my pill free week and my period, and around day 3-4 of my bleed I have a big drop on the scale.
    so the water weight comes off and shows the fat loss if that makes sense