Need friends

Options
To help me stay motivated! I want to be healthy. How do I stop binge eating? Emotion eating? Depressed eating? Stop craving? I am currently 253 lbs and 5 foot 1 inch. Need a group of friends to help me be accountable and as well help them as well. My name is Dawn and I am a mother of 2 with my youngest being 3 months old.. any group? Or friends?.

Replies

• paigedotson93
    paigedotson93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also had a problem with emotional eating. I still find myself wanting to eat when something goes wrong or I'm feeling bad. I just have to remind myself why I started this journey in the first place. Feel free to add me & message me anytime :smile:
  • icecoldtea15
    icecoldtea15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With emotional eating I can say maybe ask your self why are you eating if sad, angry write down. And also what can you do make yourself less likely to eat more. For me I exercise more not to eat more but to held my self accountable. If I am doing hard work in gym I feel like if I eat more it was waste of time. I think everyone craze a little chocolate so get chobani yogurt to satify some of craving. Eat more fruit but if your going to give in to cravings keep to minimum
  • Lisa2018Cuba
    Lisa2018Cuba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Silly question, how do you add someone?
  • maryellen1970mfp
    Options
    Add me
  • AliciaBerries
    AliciaBerries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every time you resist the urge to binge, you get stronger to say no in the future. It is still hard though and I occasionally fall but I refuse to stay down. Also starting to exercise has helped to keep my moods stable, which has reduced the emotional eating.
  • ESHRINER43783
    ESHRINER43783 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • capofifteen
    capofifteen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have always had issues with eating my emotions for years. When I'm sad I will get on the couch and go to town on my self loathing food of choice. I used to be really bad and eating was my outlet. Life is always dependable on being hard, stressful and always can get you down.
    The food was tied directly to my emotions. I had to realize I had to handle my emotions, problems, life issues without food being involved. I had to find a new outlet that I could actually solve the problem and move forward. I would sit and dwell on whatever issue I had at the time. My issues never got resolved and my pants stop fitting.. Then I would get even more depressed about how I was starting to look. It is a viscous cycle that I got caught in. The perspective I had of myself was not positive.

My new trick that I am going to do a body transformation out of a self love. I have had weight issues for years and have always been a big woman. I would always try to loose weight because I disliked how big I was getting. The diet was based out of a "need" and not a "want." Those diets never stuck because I had a lot of self hate and negativity about my body.

Now I am eating healthy because I want to reward myself. I am tracking everything I eat and even my gummie vitamins because I deserve to be in shape. I am not going to the gym 6 times a week either. I am walking more, hiking and light biking. I am staying within my limits of things I enjoy and will actually continue doing thoughtout a long period of time.

I looked at my body now (the heaviest I have ever been) and thought you deserve to eat good, feel good and be great.

My weight has been a reflection of my issues not being resolved and stuck in a cycle that wasn't helping. I am working on my weight yes, but most importantly on loving myself. In 3 months time I want to be the best version of me. Emotionally and physically.

Mommaoftwo I am not saying that you are anything like me, I just wanted to share my revelations and my plan to try to change my body entirely.

I would suggest focus on what you eat, what you do for exercise, how you look at yourself and your outlets for life struggles. Life is hard. That is a fact that will never change, you can always count on that. Take this journey as a positive life journey not just a body weight journey.
    Most importantly eat better, not because you need to, but because you deserve it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Silly question, how do you add someone?

Click on the person's name here, then click it again in the box that opens, then click Add As Friend.
  • 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    First thing first , Try not to think about food when you are emotionally stressful . IF that doesn't help try stocking your house with healthier foods such as fruitandvegetables ,you can just eat a bunch of those without feeling bad. About the anxiety try talking to a friend or recording it in a diary. Also, try getting out of the house and going for walks or lying in a park and watching clouds to get rid of anxiety and stress it helps a lot .

I am here for help !
  • travelgrl19
    travelgrl19 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request. You can do this!
  • IsabellaLilyS
    IsabellaLilyS Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would love to support you and any one else interested, just add me!