Calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    gainme123 wrote: »
    Hey, you guys just found out I'm a pear shape :( not an hour glass!

That is ok. What you have to realize, is that you can work to make your body the best it can be.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific reason you're aiming to put on so much weight? I don't mean to be rude, but from your before pictures 20 lbs seems like a lot.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is there a specific reason you're aiming to put on so much weight? I don't mean to be rude, but from your before pictures 20 lbs seems like a lot.

I would kind of agree with that. I think the OP has a great figure based on the pictures posted.
  • gainme123
    gainme123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    DYEL? If you don't, it won't be an hourglass you get...

Ok.... DYEL means Do you even lift? No, I do not lift, whatsoever. I'm not sure if I should start now or after I gain my desired weight, because I don't want to lose any lbs that I've gained. I'm not even sure if I can lose weight by lifting lol. So, educate me a little on lifting, because I've NEVER exercise a day in my life, besides gym class in high school.

If you choose a progressive lifting program and follow it, then eat at a surplus, you will gain weight. Part of this weight will be muscular (which will make your body look awesome) and part of it will be fat, depending on how much of a surplus you've got going for you. Lifting doesn't burn a huge amount of calories, so you're unlikely to kill your surplus just by lifting weights.

If you're aiming to gain and just eat at a surplus without lifting, you may end up a good bit squishier and less defined than you're hoping. Hope this helps! :)

It did !!! Thank you sooo much
  • gainme123
    Options

No, your fine girl! Personally I feel as if I'm too slim, and I would feel more comfortable with a little more weight. But, I HAVE been thinking about this whole 140lbs tho lol. So, I'm going to take it step by step and see what weight I prefer on my body as I go whether than aiming so high.
  • gainme123
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I would kind of agree with that. I think the OP has a great figure based on the pictures posted.

Thank you ❤️
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I bulk north of 3000
  • 3_Stefan_3
    3_Stefan_3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If your body is not naturally an hour glass shape, there is no diet that will change that. Lifting could target certain areas to build.

My body has the hour glass shape but it isn't defined. I'm actually nervous about lifting or exercising until I get my desired weight. Any advice on whether I should wait or not?

I wouldn't wait...if your nervous about it just lift light