Question ?

Options
My cousin has a boxing gym and told me to try albolene make up remover to put it all over my body and its suppose to open up your pores which makes you sweat more and lose more inches faster has any one ever tried it ? And if so did it work for you ?

Replies

• keyka777rosco
    keyka777rosco Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    But what if you still putting in the hard core work out on top of that ? They say when you sweat you are burning fat ? And targeting that area on your body to shrink and tone ?
  • keyka777rosco
    Options
    ??????????
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ??????????

The answer is still no. They're full of BS. Feel free to try it if you want, but rest assured it will do absolutely nothing beneficial for weight or fat loss. And there's no such thing as spot reduction (targeting certain areas of the body for fat loss).

You'll have some nice shiny, greasy skin though. :D
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Sweat is not an indication of "fat burning". Exercise in and of itself does not "burn fat". Calorie deficit causes the body to metabolised excess stored fat and some muscle to make up for what it is not getting from food.

Sweating in a particular spot on the body is not targeting that part, it's just a temporary effect from dehydration. You can't spot reduce.

"Tone" isn't a thing either. You lose body fat (see aforementioned calorie deficit) which reveals the muscle underneath. Too much fat coverage means no "tone" because you can't see the muscle.
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Theories a dime a dozen. Yes, if you put abolene on your entire body and then go do a workout how do you know you are not losing weight because of the workout? So the abolene theory is the same as if you a wearing those sauna suits to increase sweat while doing a workout. Reminds me of the ole high school wrestlers that had to try to make weight before their match. The water you lose from sweat is temporary. Oh and you are suppose to stay hydrated daily anyway.
  • keyka777rosco
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • keyka777rosco
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    ??????????

The answer is still no. They're full of BS. Feel free to try it if you want, but rest assured it will do absolutely nothing beneficial for weight or fat loss. And there's no such thing as spot reduction (targeting certain areas of the body for fat loss).

You'll have some nice shiny, greasy skin though. :D

Haha
  • keyka777rosco
    Options
    Bocch wrote: »
    Theories a dime a dozen. Yes, if you put abolene on your entire body and then go do a workout how do you know you are not losing weight because of the workout? So the abolene theory is the same as if you a wearing those sauna suits to increase sweat while doing a workout. Reminds me of the ole high school wrestlers that had to try to make weight before their match. The water you lose from sweat is temporary. Oh and you are suppose to stay hydrated daily anyway.

Yes I agree it was just a thought well that's probably why the boxers do it so they can be at there right weight for a match . That must go for wraps to right ?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Yes I agree it was just a thought well that's probably why the boxers do it so they can be at there right weight for a match . That must go for wraps to right ?

yep its the same for wraps and when you sweat its your body cooling itself off from becoming too overheated. nothing more. if that were true that sweating burns fat,sunbathing would burn fat. so no sweat is not an indicator
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. What?
  • keyka777rosco
    Options

yep its the same for wraps and when you sweat its your body cooling itself off from becoming too overheated. nothing more. if that were true that sweating burns fat,sunbathing would burn fat. so no sweat is not an indicator

Thank you ☺
  • keyka777rosco
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Hahaha. What?

Are you making fun of me? lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It is not sweat that makes you lose fat but the process of eating fewer calories than you burn

Sweat is mainly water loss and bodybuilders / boxers will manipulate water weight to hit weight class...it's temporary and can't be sustained

I think this whole sweat more to lose more fat comes from a lack of understanding of how fat leaves the body

Somebody posted a great ted talk the other day but basically if you lose a lb of fat only 18% of it leaves the body in water the vast majority is breathed out as CO2
  • Sued0nim
    Options
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    My cousin has a boxing gym and told me to try albolene make up remover to put it all over my body and its suppose to open up your pores which makes you sweat more and lose more inches faster has any one ever tried it ? And if so did it work for you ?

No offense, but do you really believe this might be true?

Your cousin is pulling your leg. ;)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, hon. It won't work.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

No offense, but do you really believe this might be true?

Your cousin is pulling your leg. ;)

I would bet the cousin is sincere and actually beleeeeeeeeeeeves

Broscience
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Excessive sweating causes rapid dehydration which will cause a temporary dip in your overall weight, simply because water *has* weight. It's like weighing a glass full of water, pouring half of the water into the sink and then weighing the glass again. Your body is no different.

Doing this to yourself has absolutely nothing to do with losing body fat weight, though. And dehydration is dangerous.

So unless you plan to do this and then never drink anything again, the weight loss isn't permanent. But if you don't rehydrate, however, the weight loss *will* be permanent. And that's because you'll also be dead. ;)