Grrr

Options
Recommitted myself to trying to lose weight and be healthy, my first stepping stone is my birthday in 2 months - went for a walk this morning, was feeling like a rock star because it was the longest I'd ever walked in one shot! I know for fact that the distance I walked was 3.4 miles, however my Garmin only logged it as 2.3 miles - over a mile difference! So frustrating when I'm trying to better myself and even my tracker isn't cooperating! :s

Replies

• hornedangel
    hornedangel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your body didn't miss any steps, stay focussed.

You are absolutely correct, thank you for the perspective! B)
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Do you walk the same 3.4 miles? If you do walk the same miles do you get the same results? I use a garmin when I ride a bicycle, sometimes it loses the satelite when I ride under a thick grouping of trees. I use a garmin gps and post to the STRAVA site. The STRAVA site does state that the GPS can lose the satelite and therefore not all mileage can be accounted for. Also the opposite can be true it can add miles. Yes, it's frustrating but try to remember we are not at the tail end of the 23rd century (star trek) so tech stuff is nice but may not be accurate