Questbars

Options
Are they good as a snack or meal replacement in general or just bad processed overpriced crap?

Replies

• GAlove05
    GAlove05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    They are disgusting to me.... But if you like them then I would suggest only using them as a meal replacement. I'm on the ketogenic diet and I only eat the Atkins bars. They are so much better tasting to me. I only use them before a workout or if I'm in a hurry and can't eat a good meal.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think they taste so good. But real food is def better! I use them on occasion as a snack when I am on the go post workout and need something. The sugar is low, protein is high, relatively clean. They do have sucralose. The fat g is a little high. I think Oh Yeah One bars taste even better...but of course they do, there is more crap in them! But in a pinch, yeah I like them. If I have them too often though, they do start messing with my stomach.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    kanaada wrote: »
    Are they good as a snack or meal replacement in general or just bad processed overpriced crap?

"Processed" doesn't mean bad or unhealthy.

"Price" is relative to your income, location, etc.

"Good" is also relative, as one specific item does not dictate your overall diet's nutritional and caloric balance.

If you're trying to ask if they taste good, then yes, some flavors do in my opinion. I like the cookies and cream, cookie dough, pb&j, and lemon cream pie.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love quest bars blasted in the microwave for 20 seconds, Tastes like fudge.

Grenade carb killer bars are good too.

I wouldn't touch anything Atkins except the fibre pasta.

No bar is a meal replacement in my eyes.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love them, but only the chocolate flavored ones (cookie dough, cookies and cream, chocolate peanut butter, etc) I have really taken a liking to the Oh Yeah One Cake batter bars. I usually have one a day post workout with a banana. I know real food is probably better, but I enjoy them!
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know, the oh yeah one birthday cake bars are just sooooo good! I enjoy them as well. And the peanut butter pie, almond bliss, and lemon pound cake and I don't usually like lemon! I can only buy these one at a time or else I will eat them all.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I couldn't do Quest bars. Bought raspberry white chocolate and the chemical smell was pretty bad. The taste was also chemical and tossed it. Cliff Bars are pretty decent, but I only eat them in a pinch, if I have a heavy workout and I need a protein fix, because they are basically candy bars with protein powder added in.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I like them, but like Pure Protein Plus bars better. Would prefer to make my own though. Probably cheaper in the long-run
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    gatamadriz wrote: »
    I couldn't do Quest bars. Bought raspberry white chocolate and the chemical smell was pretty bad. The taste was also chemical and tossed it. Cliff Bars are pretty decent, but I only eat them in a pinch, if I have a heavy workout and I need a protein fix, because they are basically candy bars with protein powder added in.

Ooh. Don't think I could do a raspberry one either.
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Questbars in good . I like the peanut butter one , it's so good u guys should try it
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    gatamadriz wrote: »

Ooh. Don't think I could do a raspberry one either.

Nah the cheescakey/fruit ones taste sickly sweet and artificial.

OP, the chocolate quest bars are yummy. Chocolate brownie, double chocolate chunk and cookie dough, and as already mentioned they taste even better microwaved for 15-20 seconds. I have them for an afternoon snack, but they wouldn't be enough as a meal replacement.
  • brialger
    brialger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love the Oreo, Smores, and Brownie Quest Bars I usually have one for breakfast
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the minority because I love the white chocolate raspberry. LOL! The cinnamon roll is really good too. My new thing is baking them and eating them as cookies.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    My opinion, they are too dry. I prefer Pure Protein bars. Better tasting and cheaper. They can be bought in bulk at Sams Club.
  • SarahAnneSteed92
    Options
    I love them! S'mores is my favorite! Put in the oven at 350 for 5 mins, tastes like a warm cookie
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't like the cookies n cream one. They have an artificial taste imo. I only tried that flavor and the cookie dough one. The cookie dough one was better. I prefer the protein powders>the protein bars.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    They're a snack or protein supplement. Definitely not a meal replacement. They have a very basic ingredient list, which is a plus.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I prefer Pure Protein bars too. Bulk them by the box at Costco for about $1/bar or 1/2 the price of a Quest bar.
  • fredericktambunan
    Options
    Stick to whole foods.. An apple or banana are good at kicking hunger pangs. An apple is even known to be a good preworkout source