Cooked breakfast ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    (oops! forgot to quote someone's suggestion of poached eggs!)

I love poached eggs!!!

hmmm... reminds me of eggs florentine or eggs royal. Why does hollandaise sauce have to be so bad?!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I was talking to my mother in law about overnight oats, and she said that you can use the mix to make waffles and pancakes....
    it is easy -- 1/2 c oats, 1/2 c greek yogurt, 1/2 milk, cinnamon and a tsp honey...let it sit overnight. My husband likes it just like that! However, she said you can use the mix to make pancakes, and I am going to have that tomorrow!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    HI all,

I'm craving something hot for breakfast tomorrow and looking for ideas. Obviously it should be low cal :) I don't want everyone to same omelet (I'm crap at separating eggs) so what else have you got??

Edit: Okay I just checked and a medium egg is 88 cals so no separating for me, but I still don't want an omelet. :)

Edit 2: Thanks for all the ideas peeps. I also just found a 'cheesy egg bake' which looks very interesting! http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/heres-a-delicious-new-brunch-idea-and-its-pretty-too/

You can't buy egg whites, where you live? :)

That's my only answer-- we can buy they in a carton here and I enjoy egg white scrambles every weekend morning. Yum, yum!

I get the cartons of egg whites too and they do taste great scrambled. I have to watch my fat intake like a hawk atm so having 2 whole eggs scrambled with toast, marg, milk etc would cause havoc lol!!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    When it comes to food, I'm all about the easy-to-make, easy-cleanup... one of my favorite breakfasts is to break two eggs (or you could use the equivalent in egg-whites) into a ziplock bag. Add whatever chopped veggies you have on hand (mushrooms, bell peppers), shredded cheese, pre-cooked meat (turkey lunchmeat,browned hamburger, Spam, whatever). Depending on which goodies you add, I think you could keep it pretty low-fat. Then squish/mix it well, seal the bag and drop it in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. It'll cook while you're getting ready, and you can eat it right out of the bag when it's done.
  • kaprice12
    kaprice12 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm not a egg eater and I like Steel Cut Oatmeal with cinnamon and nutmeg with fresh blueberries! yummy and it feels me up. I will add some sausage patties or turkey bacon for some protein. I also like whole wheat english muffins with peanut butter and a side of fruit. This will get me to my first snack at 11:00am.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Had to add in English muffin mini pizzas for brunch or lunch! Mmm!!!

Okay, I may have to demand the recipe for this :)

Lol I use one plain English muffin cut in half for two mini pizzas (110cals per muffin) and spread Primo traditional pizza sauce on them (you can use any spaghetti or marinara sauce instead). Decorate with cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese and anything else you'd like! Put them in the oven on 325F for about 6-10 minutes and it's that simple. I'm addicted!! Mine usually end up at around 245 cals but it depends on the toppings you add as well.

Mmmm.. This is definitely being tried this weekend :)

You will not be disappointed!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 whole scrambled eggs every day. Or get some turkey sausage, whole wheat english muffins and make a homemade Sausage McMuffin w/ Egg. There's also whole wheat pan cakes...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oh and we do English Muffin Pizzas at our house too. I use the whole wheat ones. Toast them first if you like crunchy "crust". I do 8min at 450.
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Breakfast tacos are good and filling and you can change them up everytime:

Flour tortilla of your choice
    2 slices of bacon cooked till crisp and drained
    1 egg and 1 Tbls of your favorite salsa added to bacon and scrambled
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    Fill your tortilla and eat

You can change it up by using your favorite Sausage, or Potato, even refried pinto beans....

Here's another Idea:

Migas:

1 corn tortilla cut up and fried till crispy in 1 Tbls of oil (your choice)
    1 egg and 1 Tbls of you favorite salsa added to the tortilla and scramble
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 slice Wheat toast

Enjoy!!!!...:tongue: