Foods you've grown to love through your weight loss journey?

Options
LUHAN27
LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
edited September 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Any foods you hated/disliked before joining this app/before your weight loss that you love or tolerate now?

Lol for me, mushrooms and beans are two that come to mind. After eating mostly plant-based(for many months) I've come to like beans a lot. And I used to hate mushrooms, but now I find them delicious!

What about you? :)

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Kefir, though I never hated it. Wasa crackers. Kale. Stevia. Spicy black beans. Edamame bean pods. Asparagus. Fennel.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (hated it the first time I tried it) and spinach
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    LUHAN27 wrote: »
    Any foods you hated/disliked before joining this app/before your weight loss that you love or tolerate now?

Nope.

The foods I disliked before joining this app (oysters, other slimy shellfish, mushrooms, underdone meat, most pork, most fish) I still dislike.

• mandalane88
    mandalane88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mangos
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I used to find oatmeal dull but now I want to have it almost every morning. Other than that no other food preferences changed, but I did tried a lot of new foods that I haven't tried before and which I am currently having on a regular basis like chia seeds, oat and wheat bran, flaxmeal.
  • d4_54
    d4_54 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LUHAN27 wrote: »

Lol for me, mushrooms and beans are two that come to mind. After eating mostly plant-based(for many months) I've come to like beans a lot. And I used to hate mushrooms, but now I find them delicious!

What about you? :)

Cheese, cream, pancakes, pizza and burgers. I now eat them guilt free and I really can enjoy their taste.

I didn't hate them before I just rarely at them.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Avocado, nuts and olives.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I hated/feared/disliked butter, mushrooms, asparagus, black rye bread, pickles, beets, cod, vegetable soups, celeriac, sardines, celery, dates, cantaloups, Pink Lady apples, olives, boiled eggs, brown rice, persimmons. All these are eaten regularly now. I think my refusal to try new foods as an adult, mostly came from worrying about all the things I thought I shouldn't eat, and my tastebuds were shy and lazy - they are still shy, but now they are adventurous and curious.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I found these little seasoned bags of sweet potatoes I really like. I guess I never cooked sweet potatoes right because mine were never soft so I just thought that I didn't like it
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    There are very few foods that I don't like if properly prepared. If anything, calorie counting has reduced the variety in my diet, not increased it.
  • Naboo325
    Naboo325 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Apples and clementines, I can't begin to tell you how much I hated fruit, I was a self proclaimed food hater! So people see me eat fruit and they do a double take. Kefir also, I look forward to it! Guacamole on toast with eggs, I never would eat anything with avocado......I am pretty happy with what I eat, which helps to stay in there!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I liked most foods (well, whole foods) before, and still do, and was already into the habit of seeking out and trying new things, especially if I could get them from the farmer's market. Thinking about this, I like greek yogurt more than I used to--used to prefer the consistency of regular, and now I like both equally and mainly eat the greek kind. I've tried a few things (hemp hearts, flax seeds, chia seeds, seitan, cashew milk, including homemade, a variety of protein bars and powders) that I hadn't tried before. Some of these have been successes, some not so much. Still hate the random of list of things I hated before (includes lots of supermarket/packaged bread, cold cereal, canned tuna, catfish, caraway seeds, bologna, ketchup, coffee with sugar/sweetener in it), and haven't seen a reason to try to change my opinion of them.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have come to love cauliflower (which I HATED) and zucchinis (which I think I just didn't have enough exposure to honestly). Really hoping to add eggplant to this list once I get around to making an eggplant "lasagna" :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    eggplant "lasagna" :)

Aka moussaka :D
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    A long-time beloved food of mine (I add ground lamb too, of course).

Another delicious use for eggplant is baba ganoush. There are a number of good Indian dishes using them too.

Not going to knock eggplant parm, either, but it's not really something I'd introduce for calorie cutting purposes. ;-)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    vegetables of all kinds. And mushrooms especially. I used to be neutral on vegetables, and loathed mushrooms. Now I love all vegetables and love mushrooms.
  • exr_nick
    exr_nick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My biggest discovery has been sweet potatoes. I used to much prefer russets but now I only buy sweet potatoes. I can cook several and add them to salads over the next couple days.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    All my food likes/dislikes are the same except I thought I hated beets, but it turns out that I love them!
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Like someone said, greek yogurt, and meditaranin food in general I have grown to absolutely love.

I eat hummus, legumes, greek yogurt, feta, fish, on a daily basis. I cant imagine how i used to think top ramen and frozen french toast was dinner!
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel cinnamon raisin english muffins, pumpkin puree, black coffee. Oatmeal is probably the biggest thing I used to hate that is a now huge staple in my nutrition that I really like.