Third time lucky? *Need some friends please!*

Options
KaytheBae
KaytheBae Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all, my name's Kay.

Over the past few years I've briefly tried this app before and it has helped, but my willpower is just awful. To be honest, I get super lazy, and if I forget to log one day, then the entire routine is out the window and before I know it I've put all the weight back on by the end of the week. (please tell me I'm not the only person that does this). Anyway I'm starting over and am resolute this time! I'd love some buddies here to inspire me and not be afraid to give me tough love if I fall back into bad habits. Cheers!

Replies

• jbm20607
    jbm20607 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In my second period with 7 consecutive days. First time I got to more than 300!
  • craggydon
    craggydon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You've gotta wanna do it. I'm struggling to not eat crap today to be fare
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Kathybae plenty of us on the same boat I promise! It's like I really want it but lack the motivation and if it doesn't go as planned I miss a day or 2 I just give up and forget about it for example I eat something unhealthy so I'm like whelp I already failed ruined the day might as well keep going. But I just started back up yesterday & have had a few health scares recently and I really want it this time using this app and finding active members to help boost that drive helps and logging everything even the bad aides in not giving in so much.
  • ltlriver
    ltlriver Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Can you design yourself a reward system? (not food) - something like you'll put a small amount of money aside each day you're successful and save it up towards some reward for yourself like beauty treatment or clothing or something? If you forget to complete one day - don't 'catastrophise' it, the sky won't fall in! Just begin again as soon as you remember, big deal eh?! We all mess up sometimes - don't beat yourself up : )
  • ferroniwaz
    ferroniwaz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi am new here! Hello everybody!!
  • shanadeon2472
    shanadeon2472 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new as well. I signed up for crossfit and the coach said we had to do this with the program. So far I am pretty impressed but alarmed at just how many carbs/sugar/sodium are in everything.
  • moonchildisme
    moonchildisme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We all need help...and friends!!!
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hi Kay, this is my 2nd time here. I was pretty diligent 8 months ago, then life got really crazy, and not having the tools to cope, I bailed here. Now, I've had a health wake up call, and so I'm not letting anything get in the way of me being healthy and at my best. Walking, yoga are my exercise tools, low sugar, low sodium diet are my food goals. Meditation is a good tool too. I noticed my belly fat is down cause I'm not pumping cortisol in reaction to stress. So, I'll be here, and will support you in your efforts.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Been here 3 years welcome everyone, I hope the journey is helpful to you. Just stick with it. You can add me if you wish but please read my profile? I only take friends that offer mutual support, as a oneway super does not work. Good luck
  • fallenangel66
    fallenangel66 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    2nd time for me i joined 4 weeks ago ..so Hi All
  • healthiestchange
    Options
    Hi! I know what you mean. I attempted myfitnesspal a couple of times a few years ago but always ended up deleting my accounts if I missed a few days of logging in. This time I'm sticking to it lol. Anyway, I sent you a request. Good luck!
  • antwanettathompson196
    Options
    Believe me you're not the only one this my fourth time we go this ROCK OUT BABE❤️
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I stopped and started many, many times until it finally 'clicked' for me. I came to the realisation that I wasn't going to be happy nor comfortable until I was a healthy weight. My weight was holding me back - I had no confidence and I shyed away from social situations because I was embarrassed about my weight. I think for me, it was 'now or never'. Once I decided what I wanted and how I wanted to live, my motivation was instant. There was nothing holding me back and my willpower came from imagining how I wanted to live. You can do this :)
  • aleshapijan177
    aleshapijan177 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've tried this app many times too, I was down to 130lbs 2 months after I had my daughter so only 5lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight and now I'm up to 151 and decided this time I really need to stick to it! Motivation is key so feel free to add me :)
  • auroralaura69
    auroralaura69 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hear you!! I have started and stopped so many times its embarrassing! I was successful a couple of times, but still managed to snack and drink my way back up to too big!!
  • FlyingYeti94
    FlyingYeti94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First time for me , trying to get back to who I was. I'm hoping this is the key :)
  • AsifSadiq84
    AsifSadiq84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Consistancy is key to success I losed around 16 pound in less than two moths.
  • Fattygettingthinner16
    Options
    First time for me though I've tried lots of other diets. Looking for friends who are committed and motivated to losing lots of weight as I have a long journey ahead of me, 150lbs ideally. Feel free to add me!

Nic :smiley: