Has this ever happened to you?

Options
So I've been on MFP since May and was doing great (lost about 18 lbs). So last weekend I was in an all day coed flag football tournament. I played a lot of games, I believe 6, with no subbing, which I'm not used to. The past week, I've been super sore, not wanting to diet and my shin splints are just finally starting to go away. So in conclusion, I definitely over did my workout at the tournament. I'm having trouble getting back to my routine, I don't feel like working out and I'm struggling to eat healthy and I'm having a lot of unhealthy cravings. Has anyone been in my shoes, if so, how do you get back on track? Is it because I over did it and my body needs a week or two rest? Just a side note, I play a lot of sports, but typically will only play one game in a day.

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Be patient, tolerant and kind with yourself. There is no reason to punish yourself if you have to take a rest after acitivity that has made you sore. In fact, since you had all that exercise, you proably required more food than usual.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I sometimes overdo it with my workouts. I'm in so much pain and feeling sorry for myself the next day that I give in to my cravings. Don't be too hard on yourself, ease yourself back in to a steady exercise routine and if you're like me, that'll make the better diet choices just happen.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Rest and provide your body with needed nutrition..
  • kellyiris6
    kellyiris6 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for advice everyone! I'll slowly get back into my routine and listen to my body.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yup take a break today. Eat maintenance and rest.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    kellyiris6 wrote: »
    So I've been on MFP since May and was doing great (lost about 18 lbs). So last weekend I was in an all day coed flag football tournament. I played a lot of games, I believe 6, with no subbing, which I'm not used to. The past week, I've been super sore, not wanting to diet and my shin splints are just finally starting to go away. So in conclusion, I definitely over did my workout at the tournament. I'm having trouble getting back to my routine, I don't feel like working out and I'm struggling to eat healthy and I'm having a lot of unhealthy cravings. Has anyone been in my shoes, if so, how do you get back on track? Is it because I over did it and my body needs a week or two rest? Just a side note, I play a lot of sports, but typically will only play one game in a day.

Eat a bit more and take a day or two of rest.

Quite frankly, when my husband and I do a really long bicycle ride ... we head for Dominos pizza after. Just seems to hit the spot. :)