Same weight for 2 months and still trying

Please help me understand why i can't lose any more weight. I have been working out in the gym 3 to 4 days a week an hour and a half each time and i can't seem to get my weight down. I haven't been eating that much either. I just don't know how much harder i am supposed to work at this. If i could workout every day i would but i have a busy life to.
I'm stuck and i need help any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Do you weigh your food?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    How much more weight are you trying to lose? Your height and weight? It's all about calories in and calories out. Either you are eating more than you think or your exercise burn calculating is off.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Basically you probably need to get your diet right. If you're just estimating what you're eating, it's probably off (and by quite a bit).

Get a food scale and use it. Get a set of measuring cups and use them. Track ALL of your food, you're putting in your mouth .

Get your diet right, and results will come.
  • butterflyme0
    butterflyme0 Posts: 7 Member
    Do you weigh your food?

I have not but i will start. Thank you :)
  • butterflyme0
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    How much more weight are you trying to lose? Your height and weight? It's all about calories in and calories out. Either you are eating more than you think or your exercise burn calculating is off.

I only need to lose 13 more pounds. I'm 5f 2in 138lbs
  • butterflyme0
    medic2038 wrote: »
    Basically you probably need to get your diet right. If you're just estimating what you're eating, it's probably off (and by quite a bit).

Get a food scale and use it. Get a set of measuring cups and use them. Track ALL of your food, you're putting in your mouth .

Get your diet right, and results will come.

Thank you i will definitely look into that :)
  • ltlriver
    ltlriver Posts: 35 Member
    I found cutting out carbs (pasta, bread, potatoes, rice etc) for a month made the difference! Loads of vegetables/salad with meat, poultry or fish. Minimal nuts to snack on. There is a bit of carbohydrate in vegetables n salads so you're not missing out completely n I found I felt fabulous as well as losing weight) Hope that's helpful : )
  • butterflyme0
    ltlriver wrote: »
    I found cutting out carbs (pasta, bread, potatoes, rice etc) for a month made the difference! Loads of vegetables/salad with meat, poultry or fish. Minimal nuts to snack on. There is a bit of carbohydrate in vegetables n salads so you're not missing out completely n I found I felt fabulous as well as losing weight) Hope that's helpful : )

That's sounds very helpful..thank you very much☺
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    ltlriver wrote: »

That's sounds very helpful..thank you very much☺

You don't need to cut anything out, just reduce your potions and log more accurately
  • butterflyme0
    queenliz99 wrote: »

A lot to know here. My doctor is happy that i have lost 9Lbs and he wants me to lose 13 more. He said with my height he would like me at 125lbs. The last 2 months has been a struggle so i decided to work out more. I'm hoping to see some results in the next month. Thank you for your post.☺
  • butterflyme0
    Do you weigh your food?

I just wanted you to know that weighing your food and keeping track has worked for me. Thank you for your awesome suggestion.☺ I am now down past the doctors orders. And I am continuing to get 4 more pounds off to my liking. Good luck with all you do
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Do you weigh your food?

I just wanted you to know that weighing your food and keeping track has worked for me. Thank you for your awesome suggestion.☺ I am now down past the doctors orders. And I am continuing to get 4 more pounds off to my liking. Good luck with all you do

Woohoo! Congrats :)