Keto start

Hello y'all!!
Starting keto today...looking for encouragement and support.

Replies

• drianquist
    drianquist Posts: 1 Member
    It is a great choice! Hope you like bacon?!?! Lol. Stick with it. The first little bit can be tough ("keto-flu" can hit and cause some minor issues). I find I'm never really hungry and have plenty of choices for food. One key is obviously eating healthy fats...too many people say they are keto and go to McDonalds and eat a couple burgers with no bun.
    Two last peices of advice... be diligent in logging your food and sticking to your ratios. Last, buy some keto strips (any pharmacy has them). Give yourself a week or two and start testing your urine. Check it in the morning (you may show Ketogenic state in the afternoon and not the morning). Blood test is more accurate but you still get a good idea with the urine.
  • ltlriver
    ltlriver Posts: 35 Member
    Fabulous system - I need to get back on it!! Last time I found gently coming off carbs/sugar over a week left me without any Keto flu-like symptoms : )
  • ReadyToWin1971
    ReadyToWin1971 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you for the feedback!! Feeling pretty good but that afternoon slump is trying to grab me...
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ReadyToWin1971
    ReadyToWin1971 Posts: 11 Member
    Thank you, Ladipoet. Will do!