I did hate myself but now liking myself a little more each day

Options
2»

Replies

• hali1
    hali1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @jrobertson290365. forgive me if I'm misremembering, are you the same gentleman who posted earlier this summer who had walking a full mile as a goal you'd set for yourself? If so I just wanted to point out how flippin' awesome it is that you'd made that goal already! Though I do hope you can do it pain-free at some point, hopefully sooner rather'n later. :)
  • catgil554
    catgil554 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss. Imagine how you will feel when another 2st is gone:) I'm from the UK and if I were you I would go and see my GP and explain exactly how much weight you have lost and how you have achieved it. It may be that you are straining your back. Too much too soon. Don't let him/her fob you off. BTW I'm no expert on fitness or weight loss. Good luck.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Keep at it! And I agree with the others, go to your GP and get a diagnosis for your back, it could definitely be something more than your weight and needs other treatment than drugs.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    you are doing great!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I've been following your story and I'm so proud of you!
    You have what it takes, I see and you're in it for the long haul!
  • TamaraBrown86
    TamaraBrown86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far!
  • jrobertson290365
    jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

@
    hali1 wrote: »
    @jrobertson290365. forgive me if I'm misremembering, are you the same gentleman who posted earlier this summer who had walking a full mile as a goal you'd set for yourself? If so I just wanted to point out how flippin' awesome it is that you'd made that goal already! Though I do hope you can do it pain-free at some point, hopefully sooner rather'n later. :)

@hali1 Thanks for your kind words, I believe it was me as I did post something like that about 4 or 5 weeks ago, I do hope one day I can do more than the mile pain free one day :)
  • jrobertson290365
    Options
    catgil554 wrote: »
    Well done on your weight loss. Imagine how you will feel when another 2st is gone:) I'm from the UK and if I were you I would go and see my GP and explain exactly how much weight you have lost and how you have achieved it. It may be that you are straining your back. Too much too soon. Don't let him/her fob you off. BTW I'm no expert on fitness or weight loss. Good luck.

@catgil554 I actually think I have been doing too much too soon, but when the practice nurse told me I had to lose weight they never offered any kind of support so done all this weight loss on my own.
  • jrobertson290365
    Options
    sorauren wrote: »
    you are doing great!
    I've been following your story and I'm so proud of you!
    You have what it takes, I see and you're in it for the long haul!
    Congratulations on your success so far!

Thank you all for your kind comments and for following my progress, your all fantastic
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am proud of you.
  • jrobertson290365
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Congrats! I am proud of you.

Thank you
  • jrobertson290365
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yay, I just weighed myself and i'm now another 3lbs lighter at 23st 10lbs, which is 323.4lbs, another 2lbs and I've reached the goal I set myself when I 1st started my MFP journey of 2 stones which is 28lbs by the end of September.
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I actually think I have been doing too much too soon, but when the practice nurse told me I had to lose weight they never offered any kind of support so done all this weight loss on my own.

If you're back at the doctor/nurse, it might be worth asking what kind of support they can offer? I know not every surgery does offer it, but it's worth seeing if they have a weight loss clinic or something that can help support you? You are making incredible changes and putting in so much effort, but you might be able to get actual NHS supported help?

It is a shame for you to suffer if you don't need to, so maybe they could offer some help with managing the pain too? I'm also not sure if it's an option (and sorry if you've already answered this before) but have you looked into water aerobics? That way you can move around but have the support of the water on your back and limbs?

You are doing fantastic, especially when you're in so much pain - I hope there is something you can do to help ease it!

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Yay, I just weighed myself and i'm now another 3lbs lighter at 23st 10lbs, which is 323.4lbs, another 2lbs and I've reached the goal I set myself when I 1st started my MFP journey of 2 stones which is 28lbs by the end of September.

AWESOME! WAY TO GO! Celebrate by buying a new pair of walking shoes, socks, sweatbands, shorts, whatever! You deserve it!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    I actually think I have been doing too much too soon, but when the practice nurse told me I had to lose weight they never offered any kind of support so done all this weight loss on my own.

If you're back at the doctor/nurse, it might be worth asking what kind of support they can offer? I know not every surgery does offer it, but it's worth seeing if they have a weight loss clinic or something that can help support you? You are making incredible changes and putting in so much effort, but you might be able to get actual NHS supported help?

It is a shame for you to suffer if you don't need to, so maybe they could offer some help with managing the pain too? I'm also not sure if it's an option (and sorry if you've already answered this before) but have you looked into water aerobics? That way you can move around but have the support of the water on your back and limbs?

You are doing fantastic, especially when you're in so much pain - I hope there is something you can do to help ease it!

^^^^This! So true. Definitely something to look into! I have back pain and it makes me NUTS that I can't exercise but I CAN swim, pain free. And it's relaxing to be afloat.
    You do you though, whatever is working but your supporters hate to see a nice person who is actually trying to do something positive for his health be in pain!

• jrobertson290365
    Options
    Well today I done something that I've not been able to do for over 6 months, I actually took a trip into Glasgow which is over 20 miles away and I honestly couldn't do that a month ago. So that is a huge achievement for me even though I was just there for about an hour.

But in between resting on buses I walked for over 2 hours.
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Brilliant...well done! I'm from Glasgow, hope you had a good time when you where there! :)
  • jrobertson290365
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Brilliant...well done! I'm from Glasgow, hope you had a good time when you where there! :)

@ScotsLass78

It was good, apart from feeling anxious as I get panic attacks, was just in at the travel centre at Buchanan bus station but atleast I done it and TBH, I'm paying for it now LOL
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

That is amazing! I feel so happy for you. Keep up the good work. You are very inspiring