Average weekly weight loss?

Options
Hi all, now I know weight loss isn't linear and we go some weeks without losing anything but I just a wanted to see what the average was on here for what people are losing a week? I lost loads in the first few weeks but then nothing for a while (celebrations,holidays, TOM) and have now settled at about 1lb a week. What are your (realistic) hopes at the end of the week on weigh in day?

Replies

• Sheks41191
    Sheks41191 Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    After a rough patch of a month or so - I'm back on track averaging just over 3 pounds a week now. 14.5 pounds lost in 4 weeks.

Earlier on in the year I had 3 months of solid progress - averaged 1.8 pounds a week then.

*edited to include more info
  • VonHocker08
    VonHocker08 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I average between 1-2 pounds a week. In the beginning it was more like 5-7lbs a week.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    At this point, I can realistically expect to lose about 3/4 lb a week.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Down 75 lb in about 31 weeks is 2.42 lb/week although that rate of loss has been declining for several weeks. August was 31 days and 8 pounds lost, so each week was less than 2.
  • ma5y
    ma5y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I lose about 1 pound every two weeks. This does not necessarily translate to 0.5 pound per week.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2lb every week and maybe a few more the first couple of weeks.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Overall my weight loss rate was 1.32 pounds per week. It started out about 2 per week and ended up at about .5 or less per week. Definitely not linear.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've heard 1 percent of body weight is most you should go for .. closer to goal the harder it is to loose so you loose less ..
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I lose around 10lbs one week out of the month, immediately after my period, and then I stall for the next 3 weeks. It's a nice rate of loss, and I'm not complaining, but the stalls get frustrating.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    I lose around 10lbs one week out of the month, immediately after my period, and then I stall for the next 3 weeks. It's a nice rate of loss, and I'm not complaining, but the stalls get frustrating.

Wow I can imagine how distracting that must be for the 3 weeks! But that week after TOM must feel amazing
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    With 18 pounds left to go, I'm at about a pound every 2 weeks or so. I also am "shrinking" in size quite steadily.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I would be thrilled to lose 1 lb per week. Keep it up!!
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking since January 1 of this year and have averaged 1.56 pounds lost per week.
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    With 18 pounds left to go, I'm at about a pound every 2 weeks or so. I also am "shrinking" in size quite steadily.

I am relieved to hear this ^. I have 15 lbs to go - and I also am losing at a rate of about a pound every two weeks more or less. Sometimes it feels so frustrating, a snails pace....but I can see light at the end of the tunnel, and the continued exercise is toning my body so at least I "feel" as if I'm making progress. And clothes seem looser every day...
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »

I'm similar, though not ten pounds - more like six or eight.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Averaging 5lbs a week over the last 4 weeks, but that's the getting back at it pace. It'll taper off at 1-3lbs eventually.