low carb / keto snack ideas please!

Options
2»

Replies

• monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Am I ruining my diet by eating JIF and celery? Should I be using a different kind of peanut butter? I keep getting suggestions to eat peanut butter when hungry but it does have 6 nets carbs per serving?

I found out that peanut butter is very fattening, but it is nutritious. just dont eat it all the time.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Nuts and pop a top tuna works for me.
  • Karissa_K79
    Karissa_K79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Dunno if string cheese and hard boiled eggs would work without it being cold. Can you put those in a lunch bag with an ice pack?
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    The growing concensus in the keto groups I belong to outside of MFP is to knock off the snacking period. Given the changes to your classroom this year that might work out better anyway :)
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    The growing concensus in the keto groups I belong to outside of MFP is to knock off the snacking period. Given the changes to your classroom this year that might work out better anyway :)

What I've been doing is this:
    - prep the week's lunches Sunday, bring everything Monday and put them in the big fridge in the teacher lounge. Always 4 oz of meet with a salad or veggies (zucchini, cabbage, cauliflower, etc)
    - I always bring coffee and drink it through lunch
    - - the first few weeks I was always hungry, so I ate a low car granola bar at snack time or drank a low carb protein shake in the morning and that kept me full until lunch

Honestly I'm having a bit of a hard time. I usually stay between 20-30 grams of carb every day which I think is pretty good, but I often go over my calorie limit. Not by a lot, I'm trying to stay under 1400, I often end up at 1500-1600 so I know that's not too bad. Sometimes a go way over but I used to have1-2 days like that every week and still lost weight.
    I've been on this low carb diet for about 2 months and I ha want lost weight :(

I'm often exhausted and dont make it to the gym line I used to. I take 1 maybe 2 Zumba classes and walk twice a week (1 hour) but there were weeks when I only walked, no Zumba.
    According to my Fitbit I'm not eating enough. I should've lost weight then. I'm just tired and often very hungry and getting frustrated with the no weight loss.