Protein Powder Recipes

Options
MichelleLea122
MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
After reading a few of these recipe threads I realized that not many people know how to bake with protein powder. So I decided to post my three favorite recipes to help you guys out. (Btw these aren't my recipes, so they're easily googlable if you want a more formal recipe. But I find these are very forgiving recipes, and it's okay if the measurements aren't spot on every time).

The first one is a '1 carb protein waffle'. Just mix all of the ingredients together, add cashew milk until you get pancake batter consistency, then cook in a greased waffle iron. You could do it with an egg white, but an egg gives it a better texture.

The second is a protein cheesecake. Again I mix it all together in a stand mixer, pour it in a greased cake pan, and bake it at 300 degrees fahrenheit until the center doesn't jiggle anymore (~30-45 minutes). After that I just let it cool for a few hours in the fridge to firm up. This makes around 8 servings.

The third is a protein cake (although I like cooking it in muffin tins for easily accessible snacks). Again just mix it all up, pour it in a greased muffin tin, and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes (or until a knife comes out cleanly). Sometimes I'll add mix ins (like chocolate chips or blueberries), but if you use a good protein powder it's fine without them. This one also makes around 8 servings.

These are all easily adaptable with any whey or whey casein blend protein. The amount of stevia you add to the recipe will be very dependent on the sweetness of the protein you use. Hope you found this helpful :)

jfylft26980t.png

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How does it affect the texture? I added protein powder to oatmeal once and it had a gritty texture.
  • amandaerdmann82
    Options
    I use Herbalife protein powder in Alot of my baking and goods like mashed potatoes and oatmeal and it doesn't change the taste or the texture at all. Great way to add protein to everything I eat.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Nice, thanks for sharing. I'll definitely try the 3rd one and make it into muffins so I can take them to work. :smile:
  • olymp1a
    Options
    BTW does anyone know how many egg whites are the 15 tbsp? We do not have liquid eggwhites where I live... :neutral:
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    BTW does anyone know how many egg whites are the 15 tbsp? We do not have liquid eggwhites where I live... :neutral:

Approx 5.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    olymp1a wrote: »

Approx 5.

Thanks a lot :smile:
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I definitely
    lorrpb wrote: »
    How does it affect the texture? I added protein powder to oatmeal once and it had a gritty texture.

I think the texture is highly dependent on what type of protein you use. Maybe I'm being a bit elitist, but I think generic store brand ones come out chalky and gritty. I personally like Pescience just because it's a whey and casein blend, which I find bakes better than a standard whey blend. But before I used Cellucor and I thought that also worked very well. Here's a picture of the third one with blueberries added. (ignore the largness of the picture lol) xczjvx3jz0a1.jpg
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I definitely
    lorrpb wrote: »

I think the texture is highly dependent on what type of protein you use. Maybe I'm being a bit elitist, but I think generic store brand ones come out chalky and gritty. I personally like Pescience just because it's a whey and casein blend, which I find bakes better than a standard whey blend. But before I used Cellucor and I thought that also worked very well. Here's a picture of the third one with blueberries added. (ignore the largness of the picture lol) xczjvx3jz0a1.jpg

Those look absolutely delicious!