Is it the Prednisolone that's ruining my weight loss?

2»

Replies

• klbrowser
    klbrowser Posts: 61 Member
    It could be a combination of the prednisone and being close to your goal. What is most important is that you stick with a healthy diet and whatever exercise you can tolerate, whether your weight decreases or not. Toward the end of my weight loss, it sometimes took me six weeks to lose a single pound. Patience is a virtue here.
  • llleslllie wrote: »
    You have a weekly deficit of 500-700 calories? That would be a monthly deficit of 2000-2800 calories, which actually should result in a little less than a pound lost each month. So your 1 pound lost in a month is right on track! You need to create a deficit of around 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat, so if you really want to lose weight faster you could just decrease your calories or increase your exercise. Or you could just continue at your current deficit and steadily lose nearly a pound per month. :)

I still have my daily 500 cal deficit but on top of that I have about 500-700 left from calories I havent eaten from exercise. So the total is about 4000 calories a week.
  • klbrowser wrote: »
    It could be a combination of the prednisone and being close to your goal. What is most important is that you stick with a healthy diet and whatever exercise you can tolerate, whether your weight decreases or not. Toward the end of my weight loss, it sometimes took me six weeks to lose a single pound. Patience is a virtue here.

I think you are right! And like the other replies here, pred makes you only focus on food which is annoying!! It slips into everything you do. Writing an email 'oooh I fancy a sandwich the size of my head'. Walking the dog 'oooh I could just do with destroying a family size bar of chocolate' You start to think youre obsessed! Never was like this before! But yes, I think a combo of water weight, getting closer to my goal and lack of patience is at play here!!

Thank you all for your kind supportive comments!! Have a good week!
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    It's the pred!! But you are doing really well. Just be patient & keep doing what you doing. I found my appetite had no brake--I could eat a full meal & it was like I had nothing. Pred is the drug we love to hate. It can work miracles, but the side effects are outrageous.
  • They tried to give me that garbage when I had Bell's Palsy. They took me off of that mess real quick. I wanted to kill everyone and I was in such a state I couldn't even stand being in my own skin.