Carbs fats and calories

Options
2»

Replies

• hydrostation
    hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I personally keep my fats between 20-30 percent of my total calorie intake. For me, keeping my fats low has been the biggest challenge so far, but since less calories come from carbs and protein, it's easier to stay fuller like that throughout the day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    charns89 wrote: »
    I dont know how to reset my goals. Iv put lightly active 3 work outs a wrek at 45mins and loss 1 kg a week but it still comes up with 1200 calories. Do i add work outs or is that already calculated into it. So if i do more than the 3 days i add that only

How much weight are you trying to lose? What rate of loss did you select? The calorie targets are a basic math problem. If you select lose 1 lb/week, MFP will subtract 500 cals from what it believes your non exercise maintenance calories are. If you select 2 lbs/week, it will subtract 1000. That said, 1200 is the lowest calorie goal MFP will provide for women, so if it thinks your maintenance cals are 1800 for example, and you select 2 lbs/week, it can't go lower than 1200 (nor should you!).

MFP is a NEAT program meaning it calculates a calorie goal based on your day to day activities excluding any exercise. That means if you do exercise, and burn 200-300 cals through that workout for example, then yes you should be eating at least some of those back. A lot of people eat back about half the calories at first since exercise burns can sometimes be inflated.

Have you taken some time to read the stickied "most helpful posts" threads at the top of each forum section? I think you'll find a lot of helpful info in there about weight loss, how to best use this site, etc.