How to edit uneaten cooked food?

Options
How can I edit my logged dinner that I have not eaten? I got full and couldn't finish it.

Normally I would just weigh the amount leftover and do the math, however I originally weighed my turkey burger raw, as well as my potatoes.
How can I get a accurate amount when the food has been cooked and weighed raw?

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    In the future, you could weigh before and after cooking and use the after weight for this type of thing, especially if it happens often.
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    In the future, you could weigh before and after cooking and use the after weight for this type of thing, especially if it happens often.

Thats a good idea. This actually is the first time this has happened since I started back logging in March. I usually lick my plate :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Just estimate the percent you ate and reduce accordingly. I do that sometimes, but since I eventually eat and log the leftovers I don't worry much about being exact. If you are worried try to be a little generous in how much you ate (if the goal is to lose).
  • Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'd just eyeball the amount left. Maybe if you think you ate 2/3, log it as 1/4 less than the original.
  • ummijaaz560
    ummijaaz560 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, I'll give it a good estimate and roll with it!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I just estimate the fraction eaten. Since I'm usually going to eat it later anyway, as long as the two servings add up to the right amount, that's all that matters.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Unless it's something I don't plan to finish, I just keep it as is and enjoy knowing I can eat it later as a "free" snack. Free snacks are the best! If you're fastidious about knowing your exact daily totals you might not want to do that, but I figure my body doesn't really know when midnight strikes so the arbitrary cut off is just that.
  • SarahxApple
    SarahxApple Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Like the others said if you are going to eat the rest of it, don't stress too much. Log it as fraction amounts or have it and don't log it. @ncfitbit I also like to have 'free food' as I already logged it.