Affordable Protein Snacks?

Options
I'm lacking protein..only 60-75g a day.. what are some snacks that might help thats not in the pricey range?

Replies

• sjklaus
    sjklaus Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hard Boiled Egg...
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt! I personally love Chobani:bigsmile:
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Almonds, peanut butter, soy milk (chocolate..yum!), yogurt. Those are my favorite vegetarian options. You could eat some cold cuts, I suppose, or scramble up some egg whites. (Or the whole egg...)
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Whey Protein Shake... initially about $50 but will last the longest. I usually go to GNC and get chocolate favor and at it to oatmeal in the morning as well.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Whey Protein Shake... initially about $50 but will last the longest. I usually go to GNC and get chocolate favor and at it to oatmeal in the morning as well.

GNC is rediculously over priced you can get some SUPER cheap protein on www.bodybuilding.com dont be alarmed its not all body builders go on their and check out the protein so many different kinds and different price range cheap but great and tastes good is optimum nutrition.
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hemp powder or seeds, soy milk, soy nuts, pumpkin seeds, broccoli, cliff bars, nuts, nut butter, tofu,temphe endeme, all vegan options also. Boca mock chicken and veggie burgers.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,043 Member
    Options
    Protein powder IS your best bet. There's whey, soy and hemp. Read about the differences here and decide what you need.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/450293-the-difference-between-soy-whey-hemp-protein-powders/
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    a nice protein shake would be good, eggs, string cheese
  • mstorious
    mstorious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel you need to add protein to your diet? The recommended intake is .8-1.8g per kg of body weight. If you weigh say 185 lbs (/2.2=84.09kg), then that equates to 67g (sedentary) - 151g (strength training athlete) of protein per day required. If you are exercising regularly and feel that you need the extra protein then simply have a glass of milk (1 cup = 8g protein). Studies have shown that milk is one of the best recovery beverages after a workout because of the complete proteins and additional sugars from the lactose.