What are your goals?

Options
FitLaughLove
FitLaughLove Posts: 125 Member
In need of some motivation! What keeps you going?

Replies

• AdamAthletic
    AdamAthletic Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My goal is to be the best at what I do.

I'm a fairly unique PT; my client base is for the most part already extremely fit.
    In order for me to be able to push my clients further, I have to be able to push passed the point that my brain says stop - I've gotta be able to keep up no matter how fit my client is, it's what they pay me for.
    To push them to their limits.

I mainly target cardiovascular fitness and endurance so, it's a massive help to me that even if I sometimes feel like going and having a week off - I know I'm gonna feel a ton worse after it, it's simply not worth it!!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be smoking hot. I have a cruise booked for mid October. I want to look good
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm fifty years old. I am motivated by clothes and just building more tone and strength through HIIT.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Bulk to 205+, 315+ bench, 500+ dead, 405+ squat, 365 row, 3 plate weighted pull up.
  • Fit4LifeGal79
    Fit4LifeGal79 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 10lbs and tone up.
  • FitLaughLove
    Options

I'm a fairly unique PT; my client base is for the most part already extremely fit.
    In order for me to be able to push my clients further, I have to be able to push passed the point that my brain says stop - I've gotta be able to keep up no matter how fit my client is, it's what they pay me for.

I mainly target cardiovascular fitness and endurance so, it's a massive help to me that even if I sometimes feel like going and having a week off - I know I'm gonna feel a ton worse after it, it's simply not worth it!!

That's a good point, we put way too much time and effort in just blow it on a week off! That saddens me to hear that you train people who are already fit for the most part lol. Have you or would you ever consider training an average person?
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    My goal is to be smoking hot. I have a cruise booked for mid October. I want to look good

That's awesome! I was just on a cruise a few weeks ago. Where are you going?
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    drgmac wrote: »
    I'm fifty years old. I am motivated by clothes and just building more tone and strength through HIIT.

That's so impressive! Hopefully I'm like that at 50 ha
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    asaber1616 wrote: »

This one goes from new York city to Puerto Rico with stores in St. Martin and St. Thomas. It's a family cruise with my parents and brother and his girlfriend. Should be fun
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    Bulk to 205+, 315+ bench, 500+ dead, 405+ squat, 365 row, 3 plate weighted pull up.

Wow good luck to you!!
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    I'd like to lose about 10lbs and tone up.

Me too! Lol
  • AdamAthletic
    Options

That's a good point, we put way too much time and effort in just blow it on a week off! That saddens me to hear that you train people who are already fit for the most part lol. Have you or would you ever consider training an average person?

The simple truth is that my niche pays more;
    There are tons of general PT's and in my opinion it's one of the most under-regulated career paths in most countries.
    The people I train are willing to pay me 2 or 3 x the amount that an average client would be willing to.

It's not just money though, it's the challenge.
    My clients are usually training to be recruited into some of the hardest to get into forces in the country (RAF, Marines, etc.. Sometimes the police and fire brigade).
    They need to know that the person training them is capable of passing the tests too and so many PT's are fit but don't have the endurance needed to train these people.

I was going into the Royal Marines myself last year but instead decided to carve myself a career in training them to reach full potential on recruitment.

So, in answer to your question.
    Yes I would train the average gym goer but in order for anybody to get the full benefit of using me, they'd have to want to really push themself.
  • FitLaughLove
    Options

This one goes from new York city to Puerto Rico with stores in St. Martin and St. Thomas. It's a family cruise with my parents and brother and his girlfriend. Should be fun

Nice! You will love St. Thomas, it's incredible. Watch out for iguana man

• FitLaughLove
    Options

The simple truth is that my niche pays more;
    There are tons of general PT's and in my opinion it's one of the most under-regulated career paths in most countries.
    The people I train are willing to pay me 2 or 3 x the amount that an average client would be willing to.

It's not just money though, it's the challenge.
    My clients are usually training to be recruited into some of the hardest to get into forces in the country (RAF, Marines, etc.. Sometimes the police and fire brigade).
    They need to know that the person training them is capable of passing the tests too and so many PT's are fit but don't have the endurance needed to train these people.

I was going into the Royal Marines myself last year but instead decided to carve myself a career in training them to reach full potential on recruitment.

So, in answer to your question.
    Yes I would train the average gym goer but in order for anybody to get the full benefit of using me, they'd have to want to really push themself.

Oh I gotcha. Props to you, seriously! Not everyone would be able to accomplish that for themselves let alone train others to do the same.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    goals ?

.... I would like to have a sandwich named after me.

• AdamAthletic
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    goals ?

I'd be tempted to double check the ingredients of a motorsheen sandwich! Lol
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    goals ?

What exactly would that sandwich consist of? Lol
  • FitLaughLove
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    What keeps me going? Food! I eat what I want when I want but age is slowly catching up so I need to stay active

I like your answer hhahaha
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    goals ?

What exactly would that sandwich consist of? Lol

Pain, despair and disappointment.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My young husband.