Feeling gross and not energetic lately

Options
I've been feeling like i'm dragging myself and really sweaty and I poop alot haha like literally after I finish a meal, now i'm really healthy so i don't have a disease or anything (i hope), i'm gonna admit I've been slacking lately on healthy eating and barely drink any water, and it started like a month ago or less food doesn't taste good to me so I just eat junk bc it's easier and I don't have to cool but it doesn't taste good either like it used to.
What should I do?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat less junk.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Maybe a visit to your doctor?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    linlinjay wrote: »
    I've been feeling like i'm dragging myself and really sweaty and I poop alot haha like literally after I finish a meal, now i'm really healthy so i don't have a disease or anything (i hope), i'm gonna admit I've been slacking lately on healthy eating and barely drink any water, and it started like a month ago or less food doesn't taste good to me so I just eat junk bc it's easier and I don't have to cool but it doesn't taste good either like it used to.
    What should I do?

I think you should get checked by your doctor.
    Start drinking more water and eating fruits, vegetables, protein though. You don't have to cook much to do that.
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    What should I do?

First, I'm not a doctor - if you are worried about any of your symptoms, please do not rely on what I, or anyone else on here, says. Go talk to a medical professional.

That being said, my personal opinion is this:

Regarding your lack of energy and "dragging feeling: Are you getting enough protein and healthy fats every day? I went through a period where I had zero energy and felt like sleeping for 12 hours - even after I had plenty of sleep. I checked my protein levels, and they were much lower than my target intake range. Once I added more protein (in the form of lean meats and protein shakes) my energy levels came back up. Also, healthy fats in moderation (think avocado, salmon, whole-fat cheese, etc.) helped in my case. Just make sure you are staying within your calorie / macro limits when incorporating them.

Your lack of water may also account for you feeling sluggish and gross. Are you drinking other liquids to keep your body hydrated, or just not drinking much fluid at all? I tend to realize when I am becoming dehydrated, because I generally start to feel crummy. Your body needs hydration, and in my opinion, water is your best option. However, if you just can't handle plain water, look for other low-calorie, low sugar beverages, preferably that have a high water content.

The biggest thing I noticed: you are eating more junk food now. That can explain a lot of how you feel. If your body became used to healthy nutrients, and you are all of a sudden bombarding it with "junk", it's going to react badly. Food is your fuel, just like gasoline is fuel for your vehicle. Imagine if you put water-laden gas into your car - it's going to sputter, jerk, and possibly even leave you stranded. Same thing with your body. Healthy food is your high-octane gasoline.

Depending on what type of food your eating (fried, high sugar, super fatty, etc.), your body may not be able to process it as well - thus the need to use the bathroom right after eating. They could also be why you are sweating and feeling lethargic.

I totally understand not wanting to cook. That being said, you could plan meals and prep them a few days at a time, so you either don't have to cook, or the cooking time is much less when you have to.

Do you like salads? If so, mix up a big salad, full of veggies (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, carrots, cabbage, etc.), and cook off some boneless skinless chicken breasts, salmon, or even some lean beef strips. They will both store well in the fridge for a few days. When you want a quick-but-filling dinner, you can have a nice chicken salad without the hassle of cooking. There are lots of meals you can do like this, if it is of interest to you.

Best of luck, and feel better soon!

~Melissa
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You sound depressed to me. Could you try to find an activity that you enjoy and work it into your schedule? It may be hard to force yourself to do it at first, but it will come easier the more you do it. Try to get a little sunshine and fresh air. It will help too. Read a good book, watch a good movie, get out with some friends.

Buy a new recipe book. You can find lots of great recipe books with low calorie and healthy meals. Your meals don't have to be monotonous, and you can try new things. My husband loves it when I bring home a new recipe book, and he gets excited when I let him pick out a new recipe.

Oh, and the pooping. Pooping is good. Your body is adjusting to what is most likely a higher fiber content in your diet. Don't worry about the pooping unless it becomes diarrhea, and only then if it lasts more than a couple of days.

If you're wondering, I'm going through it too, and all these things really helped me. Good luck to you!
  • amylhubbard23
    amylhubbard23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Find a friend who feels the same way, motivation from others is a good way to get back into the swing of things. Set small goals, whether it be a weight loss or exercising more, when you achieve the little goals it's a good boost in confidence that you can actually do this.
    I've had so many ups and downs with staying heathy but just recently a close friend joined the same gym as me, really gave me the push I needed to keep going.
  • linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    mnvicke wrote: »
    What should I do?

First, I'm not a doctor - if you are worried about any of your symptoms, please do not rely on what I, or anyone else on here, says. Go talk to a medical professional.

That being said, my personal opinion is this:

Regarding your lack of energy and "dragging feeling: Are you getting enough protein and healthy fats every day? I went through a period where I had zero energy and felt like sleeping for 12 hours - even after I had plenty of sleep. I checked my protein levels, and they were much lower than my target intake range. Once I added more protein (in the form of lean meats and protein shakes) my energy levels came back up. Also, healthy fats in moderation (think avocado, salmon, whole-fat cheese, etc.) helped in my case. Just make sure you are staying within your calorie / macro limits when incorporating them.

Your lack of water may also account for you feeling sluggish and gross. Are you drinking other liquids to keep your body hydrated, or just not drinking much fluid at all? I tend to realize when I am becoming dehydrated, because I generally start to feel crummy. Your body needs hydration, and in my opinion, water is your best option. However, if you just can't handle plain water, look for other low-calorie, low sugar beverages, preferably that have a high water content.

The biggest thing I noticed: you are eating more junk food now. That can explain a lot of how you feel. If your body became used to healthy nutrients, and you are all of a sudden bombarding it with "junk", it's going to react badly. Food is your fuel, just like gasoline is fuel for your vehicle. Imagine if you put water-laden gas into your car - it's going to sputter, jerk, and possibly even leave you stranded. Same thing with your body. Healthy food is your high-octane gasoline.

Depending on what type of food your eating (fried, high sugar, super fatty, etc.), your body may not be able to process it as well - thus the need to use the bathroom right after eating. They could also be why you are sweating and feeling lethargic.

I totally understand not wanting to cook. That being said, you could plan meals and prep them a few days at a time, so you either don't have to cook, or the cooking time is much less when you have to.

Do you like salads? If so, mix up a big salad, full of veggies (tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, carrots, cabbage, etc.), and cook off some boneless skinless chicken breasts, salmon, or even some lean beef strips. They will both store well in the fridge for a few days. When you want a quick-but-filling dinner, you can have a nice chicken salad without the hassle of cooking. There are lots of meals you can do like this, if it is of interest to you.

Best of luck, and feel better soon!

~Melissa

THANK YOU! This advice is very helpful and informative!!

• linlinjay
    linlinjay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You sound depressed to me. Could you try to find an activity that you enjoy and work it into your schedule? It may be hard to force yourself to do it at first, but it will come easier the more you do it. Try to get a little sunshine and fresh air. It will help too. Read a good book, watch a good movie, get out with some friends.

Buy a new recipe book. You can find lots of great recipe books with low calorie and healthy meals. Your meals don't have to be monotonous, and you can try new things. My husband loves it when I bring home a new recipe book, and he gets excited when I let him pick out a new recipe.

Oh, and the pooping. Pooping is good. Your body is adjusting to what is most likely a higher fiber content in your diet. Don't worry about the pooping unless it becomes diarrhea, and only then if it lasts more than a couple of days.

If you're wondering, I'm going through it too, and all these things really helped me. Good luck to you!

Thank you! Sounds like an awesome advice!! I'll try recipe books!!!