Low Carb Recipes

Options
Staceym2112
Staceym2112 Posts: 892 Member
Looking for Low Carb Recipes that steer clear of white starches and sugar. If you have pictures that would be great too.

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you consider "low carb," I make this pizza often (more often than I should, considering I eat low carb)... it has 11g-12g net carbs, depending on how much of the different ingredients I use. I have a way to cut that down to 8g-9g, though, once I get my hands on La Tortilla factory's new recipe for their low carb tortillas that has 3g net carbs rather than 6g net carbs in the old recipe.

1 low carb tortilla (La Tortilla factory makes them, also some other brands make low carb tortillas)
    pureed / crushed tomatoes
    olive oil
    shredded cheese
    pepperoni's or jalapenos or meat (whatever toppings, as long as they are low carb)

-Preheat oven to 450 degrees
    -Mix pureed / crushed tomatoes well with olive oil. I make a "recipe" for this each time with 1 can of tomatoes and pour olive oil and stir until it looks to be the right thickness, then store the leftovers in a plastic container in the refrigerator.
    -Pour tomato / olive oil mixture over tortilla on a backing sheet, spread to within 1/2 inch of edge.
    -Add shredded cheese on top.
    -Add toppings.
    -Bake for approx. 10 min. (depending on how crunchy you want your crust).
    -Remove, cool for a min., cut, enjoy.
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I came up with a chicken salad recipe that I absolutely love!
    1can chicken (or two)
    1 bag baby carrots
    1 bag baby spinach
    1 medium onion
    5 stalks celery
    4 tbs veganaise (+/-)
    1c frozen peas (defrosted in warm water not cooked)

Chop veggies (excluding peas) in a food processor then add chicken, drained peas and veganaise/mayo or avavado.

This makes about 4 servings
    Scoop some on a salad
    Eat with pretzels
    Corn chips or with a spoon :)
    I can seriously eat this for bfast, lunch and dinner!
  • elina0524
    elina0524 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zucchini noodles are great!
    I sautee them in a pan with a bit of olive oil and garlic until they soften. Then I toss them in basil pesto for flavor. From there you can add whatever you want. I sometimes add chicken. If i want it to be meatless I go for cubes of avocado and cherry tomatoes
  • xclusive_808
    xclusive_808 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    oo4txtt9vxdz.jpg
    Eggs baked in avocado.

7p79hjre3a7k.jpg
    Garlic roasted cauliflower rice with roasted chicken.