maybe i can't do this.....

Options
2»

Replies

• DianaSue
    Options
    Read what you wrote and pretend someone else did. What advice would you give them? Would you tell them, they should just give up because of soemthing a "friend" said? OR, would you help them to notice that they have lost 8lbs in one month and passed on junk food on Superbowel Sunday!!! Very hard to do, Keep up the great work, and try not to let friends discourage you. Sometimes they may think that if your body changes, that means you will change. Assure them that is not that case, and ask your best friend to offer support, because you will continue to lose weight if you keep up the good work and don't let words affect you. STAY STRONG!!!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    i suggest putting a picture of her on your refrigerator. Then every time you are tempted to eat something you shouldn't.....her picture will remind you that you want her to "eat" her words.
    :angry: She'll just think that her picture is on your fridge cause she's your friend.:wink:
  • mmtarase
    Options
    You could easily lose a couple hundred pounds really quick by dumping this so called "friend." :bigsmile:
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I agree she is not a friend...IGNORE HER...YOU CAN DO THIS....don't give up on your real friends...US...we need you here. :smile:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I had someone smart off at me telling me that I was too thin. She was sitting there on a butt the size of Texas that was pouring over both sides of her chair. I told her that I was right where my doctor said I should be so I would listen to him and not her.

I LOVE this. LOL!
    :laugh:
  • johnswife
    Options
    Hi there, I just read your note and I want to tell you that your best friend is giving you her opinion and you should ignore it. There is nothing in the world more hurtful than a friend that is "trying to help" but is really just letting you down. Of course you can do this, you have already lost 8 lbs!!! I am now at 8 lbs too, and I know that it is a battle I can win because I believe this is my time to do it. Just remember that 8 lbs and the feeling you had when youstepped on the scale and saw it was gone.
    Hope your day is better.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Don't you dare think maybe you can't do this. When you were a little girl and you first learned to tie your shoes, did you succeed on your first try? When you first learned to ride a bike was you successful on your first try? Did you learn to count or say your abc's the first time you tried? I could come up with any number of things you accomplished throughout your life that took a few or a bunch of tries before you succeeded. Well losing weight is no different. Remember, if at first you don't succeed, try try again. You have so much support on this website that as long as you keep coming back here, we're not going to allow you to quit. So congratulations on your weight loss and keep up the good work. We're so proud of you. :flowerforyou:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Don't Don't Don't give up just cause your so called best friend is jealous of your weight loss.
    You are totally worth this and don't let someone else tell you any different.
    8 lb weight loss is awesome keep up the great work.:flowerforyou:
  • frazzelmama
    Options
    Hey all, just wanted to clarify something (not bragging or anything :blushing: ), but I've actually lost about 24 pounds since September...though I gained a couple back this past week :mad: .....
    I definitely notice a difference in my body, and other people do, too....I saw a cousin the other night, and she was like "Girl!!! what are you doing??? you look great!!" That was a really big pat on my back....Not to mention this outpouring of support on here....You guys have really blown me away, thanks!!
    Today I woke up re-motivated (is that a word??? :bigsmile: ) I really feel like I can do this, where in the past I would've just given up....Thank you everyone!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    You could easily lose a couple hundred pounds really quick by dumping this so called "friend." :bigsmile:

I love this advice to you. It's humorous, but true. I've been in enough therapy sessions to know that when some says the word "but" in a sentence, it erases everything they said before it. So basically she was lying when she said, "I support you." Had she been, she would have supplied snacks of a healthier choice for you, at the very least have kept her mouth shut.

12 years ago I worked out very hard for 5 months and watched everything I ate and succeeded in dropping 40 pounds. My real friend said, "You look great." My mother said, "Well, it's about time you did something about that." Needless to say, that was the trigger that started me uphill in eating and I gained more than the 40, just to spite her. My mother is toxic and I try to spend no time with her during this struggle because I can't afford to be sabatoged.
  • jessjess
    Options
    Harsh.

Ignore her and stick to what you are doing. Don't let her sabatoge your efforts.

You're doing great!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    I am going to semi-disagree with everyone else, sorry! :blushing:
    I think it sounds like your friend may need some encouragement of her own, and you can be there to show her what a real friend would do. Obviously, she is your best friend for a reason, don't blow that because of one comment. Jealousy is an ugly beast but if you can share your successes in a way that encourages her to work on her own health, then you ARE a true friend and you may gain a workout buddy along the way. No one is perfect and it sounds like you were hurt because she is someone you really care about. Come along side her and uplift her, she may need it more than you think!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    You are doing fabulous, don't give in to what people say, you never know what was behind the words! You are working hard and making healthy lifestyle choices and seeing the rewards! Keep up the good work and stay proud of yourself, you deserve it!