Trying to re figure my fitness.

In my 20s I could eat everything insight, workout hours on end, and sleep like a baby. Now in my 40s I look at a piece of cake I put on 3 pounds and I would rather sit around watching sports and hope I can loose the weight. What can I do to combat this growing epidemic... aging?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Quit hoping and start moving...away from the cake!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited September 2016
    Probably the reason you felt like you could eat anything was the fact that you were working out hours on end.

And the reason you can look at a piece of cake and gain weight is that you sit around watching sports and hoping for weight loss.

I think the answer is in your post - get moving! :):):)

You can do it!
  • ivydwellers
    ivydwellers Posts: 5 Member
    Workout out today and sweated a lot. Feeling better all ready.
  • ltlriver
    ltlriver Posts: 35 Member
    Ivy dwellers, Hi! I heard recently about a woman of 72 who started walking to get fit....then jogging....she's now in her 90's and regularly runs 26 mile marathons!!!!

SO, my point is - age is a matter of attitude a lot of the time. Someone can be middle-aged in their twenties and old by their 40's OR they can still be learning n active late in life - it's a choice!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited September 2016
    ltlriver wrote: »
    Ivy dwellers, Hi! I heard recently about a woman of 72 who started walking to get fit....then jogging....she's now in her 90's and regularly runs 26 mile marathons!!!!

SO, my point is - age is a matter of attitude a lot of the time. Someone can be middle-aged in their twenties and old by their 40's OR they can still be learning n active late in life - it's a choice!

As long as they still have healthy joints, hearts, lungs, kidneys, and liver by the time they are 72 :) If you are overweight by a lot in your 40's chances are you will be decrepit by the time you hit 72 unless you do something about it while you still can be more effective at it ... take from someone who who wishes she had paid more attention at 40~

• robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    I'm 56, lost the extra pounds & now weight training 3 nights a week & the muscle is going on. You can do it too. Good luck.
  • ivydwellers
    ivydwellers Posts: 5 Member
    My general point was my body is reacting differently to the same things I used to do twenty years ago. I understand age is a number, but my body cant do what my mind think it should or used to.