I really need support and friendship.

Options
Hi, my name is Lizzy.
I'm a bi-ethnic 22 year old from EP Texas. I've let my depression get the better of me I let it rule my life and I gorged. I gorged when I felt lonely or upset, which was pretty much all of the time for me.
I am giving myself 1 year to lose 110-130 lbs and I could use all of the support I can get. I don't want my depression to get the better of me, and I want my life back.
If I cannot meet my goal naturally after the year, I will go ahead and have a gastric sleeve put it place, but I want to work at it myself first.
Please follow my journey here and share with me your own journey.
I hope I meet new people and that together we can meet our goals and take back our lives.

Replies

• aleshapijan177
    aleshapijan177 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm all for trying to help you and push you! Even willing to do checkups every now and than to see how you're doing! Motivation is key!!:)
  • emilystevenson1284
    Options
    You should feel amazing just for looking for help and helping yourself ! X
  • Jacquitheelder
    Jacquitheelder Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Depression is a terrible thing. The black hole is what I called it, having dealt with it off and on for most of my 61 years. I am on your side. I'm known here as jacquitheelder (real name of course is Jacqui). My first hopefully supportive saying is if other people can do this, so can you. Both dealing with the depression and the weight loss. It will not be easy, so hang in there.
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on this journey you can do this! Whenever you feel lk giving up, what I believe will help is seeing before and after pics and stories from others here. Others that have been right where you are now. And many supportive ppl here willing to help with advice and encouragement :)
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I added you. If you need to talk about anything, hit me up
  • FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I added you, girl :) I have 80 to lose- I look forward to supporting you :)
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 40 to lose. Try over eaters anonymous support groups as well.
  • fredericktambunan
    Options
    You are awesome and are going to knock your goals out the park. You're stronger than you think. Look in the mirror and say to yourself "You're awesome" every time you feel a certain way.
  • azurealiya
    azurealiya Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just read your introduction so I thought I would add you but I don't know how so feel free to add me! I have 100 pounds to lose myself! SO many people in my family are diabetic and I don't want that to be me too! I'm here for you, girl.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I promise you can do this - without intrusive surgery.
    I know it seems impossible and I know your depression is telling you that you can't do it - but you need to be strong and believe in yourself. You CAN do this. Stick with MFP - We'll help you here. :)
  • raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There have been many people here introducing themselves as over 100 to lose and/or feeling depressed. Search the posts here for the last few months and friend those people. Also I would suggest seeing a therapist to talk about your depression. Many people here see a therapist. Hopefully you have one in your life now.
  • gloriousgal81
    gloriousgal81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completely understand as I to have a similar issue. But having group support is always helpful. Add me if you would like.
  • kualantokoso
    kualantokoso Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi lizzy don't let that depression get the best of you. I suffer from a little of that too. What I found what works for me is to just get up and go before you even dwell about it. Once out there you symptoms will fade away. As for dieting I avoid buying junk food, instead I buy fruits. When I get a craving for chips I eat the fruit. It works for me it could for you. Either way you are very young you have your whole life ahead of you. Live! Enjoy it. I haven't figured out how to friend anyone but if you like add me to you list. You can do it.
  • vkyv
    vkyv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome for just posting and being here. I have also struggled with depression in the past. You can get through it too :-) Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I sent you a req. I've dealt with depression and axiety a lot. Im doing better with the depression but i still have anxiety problems. Mainly with crowds of people or doing things i dont feel comfortable with. I started my weight loss journey with 116 lbs i wanted to lose, i need 80 more to go. Don't worry too much about it, hardest part is getting started then it becomes natural. You can do it! :)