Inner thigh fat

Options
How do I get rid of my inner thigh fat? It's more noticeable from behind underneath my bum and it looks horrible. I'm toning my legs but it's doing nothing so I'm guessing it's the food I'm eating? Shall I lower my carbs? What should I do to get rid of this stubborn fat :(

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Continue eating in a deficit and you'll lose from all over. Are you taking measurements too?
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and belly fat. Very frustrating as @malibu927 said you can't spot reduce...calorie deficit!! The last two spots to lose....my first was my boobs :|
  • sophiejx618
    sophiejx618 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am underweight but cant shift this inner fat!
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    if you are underweight, I would try lifting heavy and eating gradually up to maintenance so that you can build muscle. I say gradually, b/c if you jump into maintenance calories all at once, your weight may spike before leveling out, and that can freak some ppl out.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? Are you doing any type of strength/resistance training? If you're underweight, I would probably either start a body recomposition or bulk.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    All you can do is lower your body fat overall...your body chooses where it comes off and when. There are no specific foods or exercises that can accomplish this.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    How do I get rid of my inner thigh fat? It's more noticeable from behind underneath my bum and it looks horrible. I'm toning my legs but it's doing nothing so I'm guessing it's the food I'm eating? Shall I lower my carbs? What should I do to get rid of this stubborn fat :(

What exacting do you mean by 'toning'? I bet you don't mean a progressive weight lifting program, which is what I suggest, especially as you are underweight.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

What exacting do you mean by 'toning'? I bet you don't mean a progressive weight lifting program, which is what I suggest, especially as you are underweight.

This^^

Check out recomposition. Here is a nice thread to have a look through:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1

• teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    A lot of people get focused on a certain body part (stomach, hips, legs, etc.) and think that it looks big/horrible/etc. I have never not ONCE seen it be true when they posted a picture.

A certain amount of fat is normal and necessary for health and survival.

You might try Strong Curves, which focuses a lot on lower body/booty, but probably the most work needs to be done on loving the body you have and appreciating it for everything it can do for you. I worry when underweight people are still focused on a tiny bit of perceived fat.
  • sceleratis
    sceleratis Posts: 89 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sounds like you need a body recomp, not weight loss. You can't spot reduce when it comes to fat, so continuing to lose weight will not get you where you want to be especially since you said you are already underweight. You want to look into progressive lifting programs like strong curves or stronglifts 5x5 and use an online calculator to figure out your maintenance calories. I suggest the one at iifym.com as I feel like it's pretty accurate, but I know other people have their favorites. Once you know what your maintenance is, you can either eat right at it or slightly above (think 100-250 additional calories) to try and put on some muscle. This will go a long way to giving you the look you want.
  • sophiejx618
    sophiejx618 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Honest question: who on earth is looking at your bum from that angle? Are you ten feet tall?
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing - your unwanted weight will disappear from pretty much everywhere (Inner thighs included). Unfortunately, you can't zap a magic wand to your most disliked parts. It's going to take time and patience so in the meantime, let me suggest this - Embrace your brilliant thighs. :) You're fine.